Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I like that. Being a LEO I know you make tons of money, so 55 bucks more is like pocket change. :handsinair: :crackup:
Besides, I think @Robisten8 just spent his savings on a suite of goodies (Fox Lift, Icon Wheels and Falken Wildpeaks). ? ? ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Robisten8

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Question though.......
Can't you get one of those locks like we see in patrol cruisers? The ones where the shotgun or AR rides in the passenger footwell and points up? Maybe that would work in the back?
The racks we have in our patrol cars are mounted to the cage behind the seats. I'm not sure how I would mount that type of system in the cab of a truck
Besides, I think @Robisten8 just spent his savings on a suite of goodies (Fox Lift, Icon Wheels and Falken Wildpeaks). ? ? ?
It's like it never ends with this truck right now. A re-Tint, spray in bedliner and JL sub small enough to fit behind rear seat too. Every time I get a new car, the typical mods follow. I've just never done the suspension in previous autos though. The biggest part is my wife hasn't said a word since she got her Bronco a week after I bought the Ranger.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
Get an sbr or pistol length upper with pistol brace and it will be much easier to stash out of site. I use a cz scorpion sbr in mine and you would never see it from outside of the truck.

Leo or not, a smashed window is all it takes. I used to have 5% on every vehicle all around. Now that is hard to see through, but not if you shine a flashlight into the window.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I have noticed that the area next to the rear seat in that corner is almost big enough for a collapesd stock AR. An SBR or Pistol w/ brace should fit back there just fine.

OP
OP
Robisten8

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have noticed that the area next to the rear seat in that corner is almost big enough for a collapesd stock AR. An SBR or Pistol w/ brace should fit back there just fine.
I may tinker with behind the seat, but the sub and amp I installed may be a factor. Meanwhile, it's snowing outside and I live in Texas, so my Ranger and I will be staying home all day. Texans don't know how to drive in any kind of inclement weather.

OP
OP
Robisten8

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Get an sbr or pistol length upper with pistol brace and it will be much easier to stash out of site. I use a cz scorpion sbr in mine and you would never see it from outside of the truck.

Leo or not, a smashed window is all it takes. I used to have 5% on every vehicle all around. Now that is hard to see through, but not if you shine a flashlight into the window.
You can not legally put a pistol length upper on a rifle lower. Once a lower has been designated as a rifle lower it must stay that way.

Also rifle is already SBR @ 10.5 inches, and being a duty gun he is probably limited in stock options. And lastly the ATF is currently going back and forth on pistol brace legality. Personally it seems like a headache waiting to happen. A smart person would just SBR the gun and pay for the tax stamp.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I work at a department with over 2000 Officers. We don't have take home patrol cars and pretty much every patrol car is shared with other Officers. I've left a pair of sunglasses in one of the cars before and the next day they were gone. Leaving anything personal inside a unit a no go.
That's disappointing.

The same holds true at my work, but I work the a bunch of P.O.S. milkmen.

I'd expect more from cops.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
You can not legally put a pistol length upper on a rifle lower. Once a lower has been designated as a rifle lower it must stay that way.

Also rifle is already SBR @ 10.5 inches, and being a duty gun he is probably limited in stock options. And lastly the ATF is currently going back and forth on pistol brace legality. Personally it seems like a headache waiting to happen. A smart person would just SBR the gun and pay for the tax stamp.
I didn’t suggest that. I said sbr or pistol ar with brace. I have had many sbr, suppressors, sbs, and pre 1986 full autos and many pistol length ak, ar, galil, scorpion, sig mpx, etc with braces. Works just fine. Just wait until Biden issues his executive order in a few days....

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I didn’t suggest that. I said sbr or pistol ar with brace. I have had many sbr, suppressors, sbs, and pre 1986 full autos and many pistol length ak, ar, galil, scorpion, sig mpx, etc with braces. Works just fine. Just wait until Biden issues his executive order in a few days....
The post I quoted said "pistol length upper with pistol brace."

Which reads as you suggesting he install those on his existing rifle lower. Which is illegal even if the rifle lower is already SBR'd.

Just wanted to make sure somebody didn't follow this and put themselves in an unlawful situation unknowingly.

I didn't say they didn't work. I just said I'd spend my money elsewhere in this current political climate.

Last edited:

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
10.5 is just the right length for a patrol rifle. Well, until you make it about 16" again. I have just enough room and clearance from ceiling (I have the rack, vertical kind, on rear cage mentioned before) to unlock it , reach over my shoulder with my right arm and "roll" it out over my shoulder. The racks actually make deployment super easy while remaining secure.

Our department isn't tiny, but its small enough where as long as we qualify we can carry whatever personal rifle we want. No such luck with side-arm though, cause Glocks ain't my go to if it was my choice.

IMG-20210319-170824-3.jpg

OP
OP
Robisten8

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
10.5 is just the right length for a patrol rifle. Well, until you make it about 16" again. I have just enough room and clearance from ceiling (I have the rack, vertical kind, on rear cage mentioned before) to unlock it , reach over my shoulder with my right arm and "roll" it out over my shoulder. The racks actually make deployment super easy while remaining secure.

Our department isn't tiny, but its small enough where as long as we qualify we can carry whatever personal rifle we want. No such luck with side-arm though, cause Glocks ain't my go to if it was my choice.

IMG-20210319-170824-3.jpg
I've had a Dead Air Sandman S in ATF jail since October 20th, but my department doesn't allow them on patrol even when I do get the phone call to come pick it up. They'd rather we go deaf and get blinded by the 10.3" flame thrower!

OP
OP
Robisten8

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
BTW, this thread popped up after a couple stale months. I decided to just not stop on the way to and from work and if I had to make a stop on the way home, I just keep the rifle in a locker at work for the night. The Ranger just isn't big enough to have a secure setup for a truck rifle.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
The post I quoted said "pistol length upper with pistol brace."

Which reads as you suggesting he install those on his existing rifle lower. Which is illegal even if the rifle lower is already SBR'd.

Just wanted to make sure somebody didn't follow this and put themselves in an unlawful situation unknowingly.

I didn't say they didn't work. I just said I'd spend my money elsewhere in this current political climate.
I didn’t say you said they don’t work. Jesus. Reading comprehension requires considering the context.

Pistol length upper with pistol brace- and somehow you get rifle from that? Why would anyone put a PISTOL brace on a rifle lower. They only go on PISTOL lowers.

Do you understand?
Sponsored