First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Manager
I did a lot of research prior to changing out the B&O system in my 2021 Ford Ranger. I swapped out the front door speakers with Infinity component 6.5 inch. The rear doors I swapped out with 2 Infinity Coax 6.5 inch speakers. I removed the B&O Amplifier and added a nav tv a2B zen interface and a 5 channel audiocontrol 5.1300 amplifier which gives me 100watt RMS per channel to all of the door speakers and 500 Watts RMS at 2 ohms to the 2 Pioneer 10 inch subs. After tuning this beast it sounds amazing! Just the right amount of crisp clear mids and highs with nice tight bass coming from the 2 sealed 10 inch enclosures. Check out these pics and thank you for checking out my build!

PXL_20220620_131534731.jpg

PXL_20220620_131527200.jpg

PXL_20220620_131304971.jpg

PXL_20220613_224541587.jpg

PXL_20220613_224534416.jpg
Sponsored

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
John -

Did you realize your ambient lighting on the passenger door is broke?

1655757396907.png

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Nice setup. I have an interest in doing something similar on my Non-B&O.

I’d like to use the D-5.1300 and get a harness from plugnplaykits. I have plenty of experience but sometimes a nicely made wire kit is worth the price. ;)

Did you use Forscan to turn off the factory curve? If so, any negatives with it. ie, do safety warnings or Bluetooth alerts have any oddities?

Your sub setup is interesting going both ways with it. I would be only looking for one but was torn if there would be enough room behind that back seat. Neat to see you found room and room for the amp.

Nicely done! I’ve been dragging my feet. I have the means and knowledge to do all of this….I just haven’t found the motivation yet. Maybe this winter. I’ll swap my boat out of the garage for the truck a few days and go to town. For now, there’s just too much fishing to do. ;)

ljames

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jameselectronics.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4x4 FX4, 2011 CRV,1998 Ford E250 super
Occupation
contractor
my 40 years in the audio business tell me you can convince yourself of anything. I do not have to hear the bass doubling to know it is not nearly as good as Bang and Olufsen and Ford put together.
You cannot begin to duplicate the engineering that went into the factory system. Can you make it play louder- no doubt, but linear throughout the SPL is what you want.

Last edited:

OP
OP
JDubb

JDubb

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Manager
John -

1655757396907.png
Yes, Thank you. I replacing them with custom plug n play Ranger lighting.
John -

1655757396907.png
Yes, I ordered custom ones to replace these that say Tremor. Thank you for checking out my post.

OP
OP
JDubb

JDubb

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Manager
Nice setup. I have an interest in doing something similar on my Non-B&O.

I’d like to use the D-5.1300 and get a harness from plugnplaykits. I have plenty of experience but sometimes a nicely made wire kit is worth the price. ;)

Did you use Forscan to turn off the factory curve? If so, any negatives with it. ie, do safety warnings or Bluetooth alerts have any oddities?

Your sub setup is interesting going both ways with it. I would be only looking for one but was torn if there would be enough room behind that back seat. Neat to see you found room and room for the amp.

Nicely done! I’ve been dragging my feet. I have the means and knowledge to do all of this….I just haven’t found the motivation yet. Maybe this winter. I’ll swap my boat out of the garage for the truck a few days and go to town. For now, there’s just too much fishing to do. ;)
I do a lot of dragging my feet as well until I know it's what I want. The Nav Tv/zen a2B unit flattens the signal and the built in bass restoration in the Audiocontrol amplifier has everything you would want. Since you don't have a factory amplifier you should be able to get away with the PAC unit matched up with the Audiocontrol LCI-7. This system is extremely clear and has a really solid tight bass. I would recommend it!

OP
OP
JDubb

JDubb

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Manager
my 40 years in the audio business tell me you can convince yourself of anything. I do not have to hear the bass doubling to know it is not nearly as good as Bang and Olufsen and Ford put together.
You cannot begin to duplicate the engineering that went into the factory system. Can you make it play louder- no doubt, but linear throughout the SPL is what you want. But what do i know?
There are several things that have improved over the factory B&O system such as clarity, frequency range, bass response, and the mids and highs are more prominent and I can hear sounds I was not able to hear on the B&O system. The Nav TV A2B interface does a great job flattening out the signal and the Audiocontrol amp increases the quality sound over the factory speakers. Maybe not for everyone but in my 35 years of audio experience I would say it's a huge improvement over what Ford and B&O put together.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
That's an awesome system! I am sure it sounds pretty great.

Thanks for sharing.

ljames

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jameselectronics.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4x4 FX4, 2011 CRV,1998 Ford E250 super
Occupation
contractor
There are several things that have improved over the factory B&O system such as clarity, frequency range, bass response, and the mids and highs are more prominent and I can hear sounds I was not able to hear on the B&O system. The Nav TV A2B interface does a great job flattening out the signal and the Audiocontrol amp increases the quality sound over the factory speakers. Maybe not for everyone but in my 35 years of audio experience I would say it's a huge improvement over what Ford and B&O put together.
AS stated you can convince yourself of anything..

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I do a lot of dragging my feet as well until I know it's what I want. The Nav Tv/zen a2B unit flattens the signal and the built in bass restoration in the Audiocontrol amplifier has everything you would want. Since you don't have a factory amplifier you should be able to get away with the PAC unit matched up with the Audiocontrol LCI-7. This system is extremely clear and has a really solid tight bass. I would recommend it!
I was just curious to see if you went that route. I have Forscan already so even though the Amp/DSP I want to use can handle the correction, I see no reason to correct with this option available.

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
AS stated you can convince yourself of anything..
I do not understand your point of view on your original post? Is it the dual subs you are referencing or are you making the blanket statement that one cannot make a better sounding system than B&O/Ford…..volume aside?

OP
OP
JDubb

JDubb

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Manager
I was just curious to see if you went that route. I have Forscan already so even though the Amp/DSP I want to use can handle the correction, I see no reason to correct with this option available.
As long as you use some sort of DSP or interface that will flatten the signal out and adjust the bass roll off you should be good. However, you are correct that you do not want redundancy so I would pick the best path for you and stick with it.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
If you said after installing you used a digital referencing system that listens to the interiors total bandwidth and how it is affected by interior materials and made your adjustments from the profile shown other than just by ear then, it is not the same. I would say that’s what Ford is doing with an entire team of engineers. Granted on a budget but the system is pretty well tuned for a factory setup.

I have some of this equipment and it’s amazing what tweaks here and there will produce!
Sponsored