First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This guys obviously a Taco fan boy and has no clue what he's talking about! He never mentions is has ALL the deleted items and that the 2019 is the king of all Rangers and will be a Classic one day.?

Here's this guys reasons for avoiding the 2019. While all true most are very easy fixes.

Build quality issues plague this model year for the Ranger. HC says problems like excessive wind noise in the cabin, a misaligned rear passenger door, and door panel noises are all frequently noted by owners.
Additionally, some owners have complained about the suspension, stating that the Ranger leans more to the driver’s side than the passenger’s. With a misaligned suspension causing the truck to lean, a number of other problems are possible. For example, if more weight is on one side, the 2019 Ford Ranger tires on the left might wear more quickly than on the opposite side.

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
This guys obviously a Taco fan boy and has no clue what he's talking about! He never mentions is has ALL the deleted items and that the 2019 is the king of all Rangers and will be a Classic one day.?

Here's this guys reasons for avoiding the 2019. While all true most are very easy fixes.
The article reads like hearsay. Did they follow up to see if the compliants were legitimate? Did they do the math of compliants Vs. units sold? Did they check if the compliants were repeated by the same individuals?

The writer may not be a Tacoma fanboy, but doesn't seem to like the Ranger. This type of poorly researched article is all too common, and becoming more so. We'd have no journalism today if yellow journalism were banned.

Frank

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.

He's obviously referring to members who carry large amounts/large loads of 303 products, carrying them on one side of the bed instead of spreading them out.
Probably more prevalent with those who load the 303 product on the same side as the damper...if you have a damper.
When loading, remember...damper is on the drivers side, so load the 303 on the right/passenger side.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Well it is Motorbiscuit. Generally when a group struggles to avoid putting forth incorrect information, especially with specs, I don't put a whole lot of stock in anything they say. And way too many of their articles have errors. And that's just the errors I see. So how many more do my eyes just skim over? Not a highly professional group IMHO.

Edit: After posting my comment I went and read the article. At the end he states that it might be better to go with the "2018 or 2020" model year Ranger.
I rest my case. Bunch of halfass idiots writing for that organization. No clue about their subjects.

Last edited:

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
...but if you do buy a 2019 Ranger there is a long lists of features Ford no longer includes?. 38k miles on mine not one issue. Sure love my led headlights.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
We should bomb his inbox with fawning reviews of Rangers. What you talking about Willis!? First year in any car or truck is risky. So his whole intent was to trash something he has never driven, researched or investigated. Pretty typical of today’s journalists. Biased opinion because I said so. Or, a friend of a friend knows someone that owns one!

Nellieg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger crew cab
He might be trying to get a used one and just trying to influence market price down so he can afford it. Same idiots who talk how great two Japanese makes are but not looking at why some companies recall products based on quality vs. recall on civil liabilities l

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
Generally the first 3 model years after a new release should be avoided, From any manufacturer.
Thank the maker, the heavy lifting was done by the ROW crowd.

Frank

MagLariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat 4x4 Sport

Any ideas of how to reduce noise within the cabin? I find that I can hear a lot of noise coming from the doors as cars pass.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What I find even funnier is he didn't even mention the things that were of more concern than a mis aligned panel. Like the HVAC heater box on ALL 2019's through mid 2020. Or the bad batch of injectors some early 2019's had which was caught early and fixed.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
I read the article in my Google news feed. Laughable, sure everyone is rushing to buy a 2018 Ranger instead of the terrible 2019?
Sponsored