Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Awesome. Glad to help out!
@McLeadslinger Thank you for the little hints that made this install easy and 1 or 2 less trips to the parts store, only made one and that was for the micro add-a-fuse on the way home.

I wired up the left and rights separate, I don’t have a use for 6 outlets yet. When oncoming traffic comes I can switch off the left only and keep the right burning. The most difficult part was drilling the outboard hole for the switch box, odd angle and hard to keep the bit from walking.

Hopefully Tuesday I’ll be able to finish up my lighting project, @Hotshot-Colton said the balance of my order should arrive!!
Sponsored

Hotshot-Colton

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tundra
@McLeadslinger Thank you for the little hints that made this install easy and 1 or 2 less trips to the parts store, only made one and that was for the micro add-a-fuse on the way home.

I wired up the left and rights separate, I don’t have a use for 6 outlets yet. When oncoming traffic comes I can switch off the left only and keep the right burning. The most difficult part was drilling the outboard hole for the switch box, odd angle and hard to keep the bit from walking.

Hopefully Tuesday I’ll be able to finish up my lighting project, @Hotshot-Colton said the balance of my order should arrive!!
Everything hit the road yesterday so as long as the UPS folks can get out of here with all of the snow we have been getting it should be there soon!

Arren B

First Name
Arren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 ranger xlt fx4
Occupation
Driver

goldstec

First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Install was pretty straightforward and the result looks great. Only tough part was getting through the boot of the firewall.

98460604-BC45-4C2E-9C02-0F60F6130AAF.jpeg

465540C2-6DA7-470F-91B3-C5CDF048AB2F.jpeg
This looks great - Where did you find room inside the engine bay for the switchbox itself - I have the 21 Ranger XLT 4dr

NavRanger21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL STX-4x4
What kind of brackets did you all use to mount the switch box in the engine bay? I would like to not drill holes and use existing holes to mount the box.

ylwjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
What kind of brackets did you all use to mount the switch box in the engine bay? I would like to not drill holes and use existing holes to mount the box.
I zip tied it to a few existing holes in the cross brace. They wouldn't have lined up for screws, but you have a little more leeway with zips.

It's nice and tight, works fine.

1DangerRanger2022

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Truck Driver
Anyone install theirs up on the headliner center console area? Looking to install mine just behind the map lights but in front of the sun glass holder
Sponsored