OP
OP
ylwjacket

ylwjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
I used the power steering fuse, mostly because that's what someone else here did.

I ran the switch cable through the grommet in the firewall above the brake pedal.
Sponsored

NavRanger21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL STX-4x4
@ylwjacket thanks for pictures. Really helped out. The power steering fuse is #19. FYI, I'm going to tap into #18 or #24 since both are ignition on and spares. Those 2 does not have any devices wired to. I'll update after finishing.

OP
OP
ylwjacket

ylwjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
@ylwjacket thanks for pictures. Really helped out. The power steering fuse is #19. FYI, I'm going to tap into #18 or #24 since both are ignition on and spares. Those 2 does not have any devices wired to. I'll update after finishing.

I had thought about using one of those spares, but someone else had posted about the power steering, so I just did that.

Good luck - the firewall punch thru is the hardest part of it all.

NavRanger21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@ylwjacket I finished the job yesterday. Cleaned up the wires a bit and wrapped them with protective tubing. I'm going to relocate the control box in the engine bay to a different spot (not sure where for now) once I find a suitable bracket and tuck the wires a bit more out of sight. That's for another day.

Btw I used fuse #24. Like I said earlier it works great since there are no other devices wired to it.

IMG-5972.jpg

IMG-5973.jpg

IMG-5975.jpg

IMG-5974.jpg

OP
OP
ylwjacket

ylwjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
Looks good. I left wire play in the engine bay so I could relocate that box also, as I don't really like where it is. Options are slim tho.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
@ylwjacket I finished the job yesterday. Cleaned up the wires a bit and wrapped them with protective tubing. I'm going to relocate the control box in the engine bay to a different spot (not sure where for now) once I find a suitable bracket and tuck the wires a bit more out of sight. That's for another day.

Btw I used fuse #24. Like I said earlier it works great since there are no other devices wired to it.

IMG-5972.jpg

IMG-5973.jpg

IMG-5975.jpg

IMG-5974.jpg
that’s the best place to mount the box, as it stays dry back there.

NavRanger21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good. I left wire play in the engine bay so I could relocate that box also, as I don't really like where it is. Options are slim tho.
I see two holes where the battery sits for some mounting. But like @Colo_Ranger says, current spot stays dry.

that’s the best place to mount the box, as it stays dry back there.
Sponsored

Last edited: