Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT 4x4
Occupation
Accountant
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All,

Been searching for sometime, how to connect Auxbeam pods to the Trigger controller. Let me start off by saying I am completely new to lighting mods and have not found a post related to pairing these two products. I reached out to Trigger and they suggested I reach out to Auxbeam, which I have but no answer from them. So now I turn to you, the Ranger5G community. I have ordered DT connectors and a Y connector harness to wire the lights into the connectors supplied with the Trigger controller, replacing the wiring harness that comes with the Auxbeam light pod kit. I am assuming that the Trigger controller will do the same job as the relay switch supplied on the Auxbeam harness and do not need to add an inline fuse. Your help and knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Ever

Lights -

1696030995046.png

DT connectors -
1696030820695.png

Trigger controller connectors -
1696030774762.png

Trigger controller y connector -
1696030916022.png
Sponsored

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a link to the Trigger controller? I need to read up on it again.

I made my own setup for electronics using relays, switches, wiring, etc. You should be able to run the power and ground from the lights to the power and ground connection on the Trigger (assuming that the trigger controller has built in relays that can handle the power draw). Do you have the lights already? Pictures of the wiring (how many wires? What colors) that come off the lights would be helpful, as well as the install directions.

There is nothing special about the lights or the controller; meaning, the connection between the two will be the same no matter the brand lights you install.

If you can post pictures of the Trigger controller unit too, I can look at that and help you make a plan.

OP
OP
Mushu20

Mushu20

First Name
Ever
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
OP
OP
Mushu20

Mushu20

First Name
Ever
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Vehicle Showcase
Plan so far is to connect the male side of the DT connectors to the light pods, the pig tails to the Trigger male adapters that will connect to the Trigger Y connector that will ultimately connect to the Trigger controller cables. Hope this makes sense. Thanks again for your help.

Ever

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
ok, don't make this too hard on yourself. Do you know the draw of the lights? The Trigger has 10 amp (x2) and 30 amp (x2). Cut this connector off here:
IMG_0587.jpeg

And use barrel connectors to attach it here:
IMG_0588.jpeg

As long as the draw from the lights is less than 10 (if you use the 10 amp port) or 30 (if you use the 30 amp port) then you will be fine. No need to introduce more connectors.

Also, if you find yourself in the mood, you can strip the wires down to the black and red wires on the Trigger pigtail. There is a large sheathing around the actual wires. Then you can shorten it to your needs, or... just tuck the extra somewhere out of the way.

OP
OP
Mushu20

Mushu20

First Name
Ever
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Vehicle Showcase
ok, don't make this too hard on yourself. Do you know the draw of the lights? The Trigger has 10 amp (x2) and 30 amp (x2). Cut this connector off here:
IMG_0587.jpeg

IMG_0588.jpeg

As long as the draw from the lights is less than 10 (if you use the 10 amp port) or 30 (if you use the 30 amp port) then you will be fine. No need to introduce more connectors.

Also, if you find yourself in the mood, you can strip the wires down to the black and red wires on the Trigger pigtail. There is a large sheathing around the actual wires. Then you can shorten it to your needs, or... just tuck the extra somewhere out of the way.
Awesome, thanks again for your help.

Ever

OP
OP
Mushu20

Mushu20

First Name
Ever
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome, thanks again for your help.

Ever
IMG_0587.jpeg

IMG_0588.jpeg

[/Q
IMG_0587.jpeg

IMG_0588.jpeg

Her are the specs for the pod lights:
LED Type: P8 chips
Power: 20W(4pcs*5W)/PCS
Operating Voltage: 9-32V
Lumens: 4800LM

I am hoping to connect both to the Trigger Y connector and only use 1 30 amp port.

Thanks again for your help.

Ever

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Her are the specs for the pod lights:
LED Type: P8 chips
Power: 20W(4pcs*5W)/PCS
Operating Voltage: 9-32V
Lumens: 4800LM

I am hoping to connect both to the Trigger Y connector and only use 1 30 amp port.

Thanks again for your help.

Ever

This was buried in the quote of me, so I think its what you were trying to ask.

If you connect these lights on the 30 amp switch, they would work just fine. If you need to use the 10 amp switch, then you will need to install a relay. Relays sound complicated, but are actually pretty easy, once you understand how they work).

OP
OP
Mushu20

Mushu20

First Name
Ever
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Vehicle Showcase
About to get to it. Will post once I finish. Thanks for your help and knowledge.

Ever

This was buried in the quote of me, so I think its what you were trying to ask.

If you connect these lights on the 30 amp switch, they would work just fine. If you need to use the 10 amp switch, then you will need to install a relay. Relays sound complicated, but are actually pretty easy, once you understand how they work).