Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Ok awesome , that seems fairly simple ,
Did you need to run an in-line fuse where you cut the power lead and spliced in? Or would the fuses built into the trigger suffice and that’s kind of the point in investing in a controller ?
You don't...the fuses are under the clear cover...your unit will come with instructions...basically everything I've posted lol...
Sponsored

Andy Portman

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Then you'll regret not getting the 3001 later :crackup:

I was playing while sitting by my camp fire next to the truck and started the engine. Of course the markers came on while it's running. I then opened my Trigger App and found that because the markers were on, I can turn on any of the auxiliary lamps. This is going to come in handy deep in the woods early in the morning while up in the RTT if I hear anything suspicious outside in the blackness...start the truck and light em up :like:

I’m wanting to do the 4 pod lights below the grill. Can you show how they are mounted? Would be very helpful. Also if you have some links.

mark_anderson_us

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software Developer
Yes, red to + terminal and black to - terminal, not ground. They recommend connecting yellow to an auxiliary source to mitigate errant RF signals from turning on your lamps unintended...would be bad if you're in traffic and your spots comes on and pissing people off LOL. In my case, I tapped into the power lead of the marker lamp (coming from the headlamp harness) so Trigger is only powered when these are and your battery won't drain if you're parked in a garage while you're out of town....If you rather be a risk taker then tie the yellow and red together and you can control them regardless is your truck if on or not...
any tips on finding the marker light wire.?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

mark_anderson_us

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
I have info on my build thread...link below...sorry lots of pages but it's there...
I figured it out. I couldn't find it in engine bay (way too many wires going into the plugs). Easiest way I found was to pop-out the marker light (fold the wheel well liner back and reach up inside, to push out). feed wired down and tap the grey/white/green striped wire.

Desert Rider

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang 1976 Bronco 1999 Super Duty
My Trigger remote switches are turning off . Could I need new batteries for the remote? I have had the Trigger for about 8 months, but have only used the unit to test it when I installed it.

mark_anderson_us

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
My Trigger remote switches are turning off . Could I need new batteries for the remote? I have had the Trigger for about 8 months, but have only used the unit to test it when I installed it.
The switches are HORRIBLE.

DblStuffed

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
I figured it out. I couldn't find it in engine bay (way too many wires going into the plugs). Easiest way I found was to pop-out the marker light (fold the wheel well liner back and reach up inside, to push out). feed wired down and tap the grey/white/green striped wire.
Did you tap into both wires? Or just one of those two? I’m struggling to figure this whole install out

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Did you tap into both wires? Or just one of those two? I’m struggling to figure this whole install out
Just the hot wire...

Also, the switches are crappy if you have the earlier version...mine lost their detent after moderate use but the guys at Trigger fixed it for me...I understand the newer production has been fixed too...

DblStuffed

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Just the hot wire...

Also, the switches are crappy if you have the earlier version...mine lost their detent after moderate use but the guys at Trigger fixed it for me...I understand the newer production has been fixed too...
I just bought this about two weeks ago. So I’ll assume it’s a newer model lol

which one of the two is the “hot” wire. I have accomplished nothing on this install so far. I’ve been scratching my head all day and have got no where

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought this about two weeks ago. So I’ll assume it’s a newer model lol

which one of the two is the “hot” wire. I have accomplished nothing on this install so far. I’ve been scratching my head all day and have got no where
I'd ask @mark_anderson_us :)

DblStuffed

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
grey/white/green striped wire
did you have to connect additional wire to tap into the marker light? My yellow wire does not reach the marker light but maybe im missing something.

Also, is it the yellow and green or the gray and white I tap into? Have pics by chance?

Im still stuck on this install. That yellow wire is being a b***h lol

I tried doing a fuse tap but I cannot find a spot that is only ignition controlled besides 24; but that is currently being used by another fuse tap for my headlights DRL (alpharex)

I found a couple other spots like 37, but the fuse tap sticks out too far so then I cannot shut the lid

I want to maybe try one of the not used/spare fuses, but not sure if they run hot or not.

Im currently at work so I cant test anything but I also have to go get a new volt meter as mine decided to just stop working randomly. So if anyone has a resolution before hand that would be great!
Sponsored