Auto Folding Mirror Mod Install Instructions - Pictures/Video

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I've had this mod for a while and originally just wired the LOCK/FOLD wire and used the KEY ON to UNLOCK/UNFOLD the mirrors.

Well today I finished the install. I wired the UNLOCK signal wire to the module. In the Ranger is right beneath the LOCK/FOLD wire. Sadly they changed the color of these wires, or I would give you colors. For my 2020 GY/BN is LOCK and BN/GN is UNLOCK.

NOT my picture... But hopefully this will make it clear for others.

It is right beneath the LOCK wire, same size wire.

1683404639674.png

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
This method works fine for the Redtek module also. Got mine installed today. Will be installing their window modules as well.

I was curious if it would work and couldn't find any guidance for Redtek specifically. So, hopefully this helps someone else.

https://redtek.com.au/shop/ols/products/ford-ranger-folding-mirror-module
So exactly how do the window modules work? Can I lock out passenger use and still use the driver side to control them? Specifically the rear windows, I have to unlock to roll up and down. If I forget to relock them then my dog will step on rear door button and it rolls down. I can’t control the rear windows in lock mode from the driver door switches.

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God

JohnnyLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Pilot
For the next guy....... The threads and videos have a bit of drift to them. It took me longer to read through them to actually do it. So here is the quick version.

I have a 2020 Ranger Lariat. This is the module I bought and the wires I used. It works as it should.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...st_main.5.67011802dqZlQC&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

Red to fuse 30.
Gray to Gray/Brown
Purple to Purple/Green

Not my picture, But these are the wires.

lock unlock ranger.png
Sponsored