Auto Folding Mirror Mod Install Instructions - Pictures/Video

Hirnlego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 302A
If the truck has factory folding mirrors than you can utilize just the added wiring harness to automate the process with the key fob...
Sponsored

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
I've got the auto-mirror w/ one touch window module from Trac Electronics. Didn't have to tap into any fuses as the mirror module is tied in the window section of the kit.

An awesome addition, the one-touch windows all the way around is a game changer and the kind of mod you'll use all the time.

maxdo79

First Name
max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger
Can you give me the link to buy? Thanks

Richie Rich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Technical Operations Supervisor
Hello, my name is Rich and I’m new to Ranger 5G. This is my official first post. I have been spending some time looking around the site, and I’m looking forward to sharing topics on the forum. I just bought a 2019 Ranger Lariat off lease in September and started to do a few upgrades. I was reading about the auto folding mirror module and would really like to install this on my truck. Do you know if these mirror modules are still available and where I can order one from? Has anyone installed one recently and know if they work with technology package and remote start trucks? I would love to get my hands on one to install.

IMG-3842 (1).PNG

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
Does anyone know if the motor/servo is normally installed in an XLT without the auto folding feature? I realize this is the switch/controller for this feature, but how would one know if the manual folding mirrors still have the motor inside? Or do I just assume they all have the motor built into the mirrors, and this just taps into that feature?? Apologies for the ignorance on my part.

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
Does anyone know if the motor/servo is normally installed in an XLT without the auto folding feature? I realize this is the switch/controller for this feature, but how would one know if the manual folding mirrors still have the motor inside? Or do I just assume they all have the motor built into the mirrors, and this just taps into that feature?? Apologies for the ignorance on my part.
No way they installed a motor and don't use it. Just check out the decontenting thread over the years. :)

jdam

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Velocity Blue
Original Thread Here: Auto Folding Mirrors

Auto folding mirrors. Folds closed when you lock the truck. Unfolds when you power up the truck. Regular operation with stock switch. 20 minute install.
The switch bezel pops right off.
Unplug the connector.
Plug the module in between the switch and connector.
Tuck everything inside.
I used an add a tap to #30 for the constant for the red wire.
Connect the blue wire to the thick gray with brown stripe (lock).
Stick the module on the inside of the left side of the dash and tied up all the wiring. Close up fuse panel and you're done.

NOTE: THE ADD A TAPS SHOULD GAVE THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION THAN PICTURED.
This method works fine for the Redtek module also. Got mine installed today. Will be installing their window modules as well.

I was curious if it would work and couldn't find any guidance for Redtek specifically. So, hopefully this helps someone else.

https://redtek.com.au/shop/ols/products/ford-ranger-folding-mirror-module

iclimb17

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Area IT Manager
In the united States.
Trying to find a module that involves no cutting of wires. Just a simple plug and play
To auto fold my mirrors.
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat...

I have power folding mirrors already. Just want them to auto fold when I turn the truck on or off.
Thanks everyone!!

Last edited:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
It's not just a module, but the mirror head itself is different....going from a manual fold to an auto fold.
Auto fold has it's own "motor" which power's it. You can't just add the switch module to your manual fold mirror and "transform" them to auto fold.

iclimb17

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Area IT Manager
Apologies. I already have power fold mirrors. Just want them to fold when I turn the truck on and off automatically.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Apologies. I already have power fold mirrors. Just want them to fold when I turn the truck on and off automatically.
I remember going through forscan and saw an option to automatically tilt the mirrors down when in reverse, I activated it but nothing happened haha.

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
In the united States.
Trying to find a module that involves no cutting of wires. Just a simple plug and play
To auto fold my mirrors.
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat...

I have power folding mirrors already. Just want them to auto fold when I turn the truck on or off.
Thanks everyone!!
I used the one from Aliexpress. $29.... there are marked ones on Ebay for 2x the money. It's a y harness that plugs into between your switch and couple of wires. 1 to the lock signal, 1 to power and 1 to the unlock signal. You can leave that one off and they will unfold when you push your start button.
Sponsored