As-Built Hacker software

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Hadn't really intended to start a thread on the courtesy flashes, but seems to still be a hot topic for some people. My original intent was to bring up the software that the F150 guy developed and if there was any interest in developing the configuration files for our Rangers. That appears to not be the case, at least up until now. I have received one response on my request for modes and VIN info.
I had to scroll back to the title of your thread to see what your origional subject was.?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I had to scroll back to the title of your thread to see what your origional subject was.?
Kind of thought the thread title covered it. The posts kind of went off track.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I figure either it's been moved to another module code, or they decided to remove it because they needed that module for something else.
The information I got was that they added a ton of as built lines not in the worldwide Rangers. The quote was "I've never seen this much as built ever on the worldwide version." So, it's not that it's moved to another module but they moved it to another line somewhere no one has figured out yet.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The information I got was that they added a ton of as built lines not in the worldwide Rangers. The quote was "I've never seen this much as built ever on the worldwide version." So, it's not that it's moved to another module but they moved it to another line somewhere no one has figured out yet.
Yeah, I wouldn't think they would move it out of the SCCM (Steering Column Control Module). Kind of the module it belongs with. Just a different address line.

Like i've said "The hunt is the thing":rockon:

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
you guys can talk about courtesy flashes all day but I'm hanging out waiting for something to turn up about fake engine noise. :like:

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
you guys can talk about courtesy flashes all day but I'm hanging out waiting for something to turn up about fake engine noise. :like:
Ahah! The second mystery switch heard from.:crazy:

MikeHardison

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Retired
Because I don't do Nascar lane changes. 4 is what I like.
Has anyone used the Forscan as-built to change the number of courtesy signal light flashes and if so what code dI'd you use? I have the 21 Ranger XLT.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Has anyone used the Forscan as-built to change the number of courtesy signal light flashes and if so what code dI'd you use? I have the 21 Ranger XLT.
Nope! It is still the holy grail of Ranger Forscan switches. There will be great partying if someone finally figures it out. It's been done for F150s but not the Ranger.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
What is so hard to turn on turn signal and when you have safely changed lanes then turn them off.? I have driven a trailer all over the US and I know how You NASCAR wannabees hate to follow or let me change lanes. I want to let you go faster to the next light cause I dont want to be around your bad driving. So hurry it up and waste your fuel so you can be in the front row. I personally want to social distance from you. ?
I agree 100%, I drive a 30' RV with my truck in tow, so yep, I've seen the NASCAR types gunning around me just to cut back and hit the brakes, never mind that buffer space in front of me was for my safety. One reason I put a dual set of air horns (train) on my RV, you will hear them over the loudest stereo. And added a dashcam to record you brake checking me thinking I can stop on a dime.... NOT!

MikeHardison

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Retired
Nope! It is still the holy grail of Ranger Forscan switches. There will be great partying if someone finally figures it out. It's been done for F150s but not the Ranger.
I'm going to play with the as-built codes when I get a chance and will post if successful ?

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Decided to start a new thread on this as I haven't seen it mentioned on this forum. I ran across a Windows program written by a member of the F150 forum called As-Built Hacker. Don't know if anyone here has seen it or tried it. It is kind of cool in that it takes you .abt files that you saved in Forscan and can compare it to the .ab file from Ford, so you can see what changes have been made. It will also compared your .abt files against a known list of options for Your Vehicle. There

I use this program all the time. I have a 2020 Lariat trim truck with no options (it was a lost leader and had a huge discount on it. (bought at the end of 2020).

I have added:
Adaptive Cruise (hardware: radar unit behind bumper and 3rd party mount $140)
Navigation (hardware: APIM module is replaced with a Nav unit $200-300)
Terrain Management (hardware: add button $70)
XLT Dash (Tach and Speedo)(hardware: XLT cluster as the Lariat is silly by comparison $100)
Rain Sense wipers (hardware: Rain Sensor and auto stalk control $100)
Autofolding mirros (hardware: relay, no changes in FORSCAN)

I'm sure there are more.

Here is how I gather my intel:

CARS.COM search for same body (Mine is a SCab) and same year and trim. Examine all pictures and look for the options via the pictures. Then grab the VIN and decode it and start comparing in As-Built Hacker.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I use this program all the time. I have a 2020 Lariat trim truck with no options (it was a lost leader and had a huge discount on it. (bought at the end of 2020).

I have added:
Adaptive Cruise (hardware: radar unit behind bumper and 3rd party mount $140)
Navigation (hardware: APIM module is replaced with a Nav unit $200-300)
Terrain Management (hardware: add button $70)
XLT Dash (Tach and Speedo)(hardware: XLT cluster as the Lariat is silly by comparison $100)
Rain Sense wipers (hardware: Rain Sensor and auto stalk control $100)
Autofolding mirros (hardware: relay, no changes in FORSCAN)

I'm sure there are more.

Here is how I gather my intel:

CARS.COM search for same body (Mine is a SCab) and same year and trim. Examine all pictures and look for the options via the pictures. Then grab the VIN and decode it and start comparing in As-Built Hacker.
I tried that or similar to it - I could not figure out how to get it to work correctly- I did my as built compares the hard way
Print them and side by side compare
It does not take long - once you get going - mainly if you only look at the last set of numbers - then something in the hex line is different- and highlight the line
Then research the line and try to determine what it’s for

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I tried that or similar to it - I could not figure out how to get it to work correctly- I did my as built compares the hard way
Print them and side by side compare
It does not take long - once you get going - mainly if you only look at the last set of numbers - then something in the hex line is different- and highlight the line
Then research the line and try to determine what it’s for
For file comparisons, I use Beyond Compare.
https://www.scootersoftware.com

Below is a screen shot showing diffs between my original .ab compared to the .ab after a dealer update.

2023-04-06 22 50 55.png

Offers several modes for compare.

2023-04-06 22 49 55.png

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond