Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 05 Wrangler, 19 Slingshot, 04 330xi
Occupation
Enthusiast
Ford Pass must be a high school in MI project. :crackup: :crackup:

ya! That's why I mostly use the Siri shortcuts. You can call the Ford API endpoints directly and by-pass the app. I haven't had a problem using them yet. Except last weekend. My wife and I were at the lake for her birthday. After we unloaded the truck, I locked it using my magic Apple watch.

I turned the ignition off, but like a moron, left the keys in the ignition. I didn't realize it until the next morning when I went looking for my keys. No problem! Just ask siri to unlock my truck. "Hey Siri? Abracadabra MF!". Nothing. So I grabbed my phone and tried the FordPass app. I couldn't get it to work. I tried for about an hour hoping that maybe the back end was just down for maintenance. No such luck. I had to resort to using the app to summon roadside service. Which, I must say was painless. It even showed me a real-time map of the the service tech when he was en route. Pretty bad ass.

The worst part was getting shamed by a child AAA tech when he arrived. "So you locked your keys in your brand new pick'em up truck huh?". I gave him some lame cock 'n bull story about how I use my watch to lock and unlock the truck. I don't think he bought it. Any way, once he opened the door and removed the keys, the remote lock/unlock started working again. I wonder it that's blocked when the keys are in the ignition? i haven't tested that theory yet, but I thought I'd share so nobody else makes that amateur move.

That's a really long winded way of saying, it works great, except when it doesn't.
Sponsored

Last edited: