FordPass won’t update software

Strider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Noticed I can’t auto start my truck from the FordPass app. Seems it’s stuck on Old software. Tried to hook up a usb directly but no option to install or update. It just says wait 10 minutes. Last refresh back in May? Any tips?

1B7E9215-18E7-4401-BD44-E1C958202E9E.jpeg
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
At this point, your have nothing to lose so I would delete the app and then reinstall.

OP
OP

Strider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
At this point, your have nothing to lose so I would delete the app and then reinstall.
Tried that already - didn’t work. I’ll call Ford tomorrow and see what’s going on. Hopefully I’m just an ember...

RangersLeadTheWay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Have you checked your WiFi in the truck? I know I had a real hard time getting connected to my network. Between that and your FordPass settings in your truck is where I’d start first.

OP
OP

Strider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Went to dealer. They said I needed to wait 24 to 48 hours once you remove your truck from the app to detect. Instantly I called b.s. This sounded like calling the cable company on an internet outage. But, I waited. Same message. No connection to Ford Pass.
I reset the master settings in the vehicle, tried again. Nothing. I turned everything on and off thru sync and Bluetooth. Nothing. Seems I’m high centered now. Shame. I called ford pass online customer service and had them walk though their protocol. Nothing. I’m done with it.

Nellieg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger crew cab
Possibly after removing app restart phone and remove cache and unused files then restart phone again and install app.

NC_LFX4

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4; 2006 Jeep Wrangler X
Vehicle Showcase
So, I'll preface this with I have never performed any automotive software updates; however, I have been working in IT for about 15 years so I'm just taking a wag at this and treating it like any other computer system.

Is this happening over BT connection to the SYNC system or on USB(or neither)? If USB, is CarPlay enabled or is it using the FordPass/USB connection? What software version does your truck show? Have you checked the Ford owner site by your VIN for firmware update availability? If it is out-of-date, have you tried to manually install the firmware from a USB drive? (link for how-to to follow) If you're not comfortable with that last part, I'd advise getting an appointment with your local dealership to have them take a look at it.

[https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...nd-updates/how-to-use-usb-to-update-sync.html]

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
They are still tinkering with Ford Pass. It changes every time I look at it. Just dont count on it working. ?

bkosh84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Construction Supervisor
When I purchased my truck in April the salesman warned me that Ford as a whole company has been having issues with their vehicle modems going bad and not working anymore. So you might want to take it back in and mention that to them. He said they've had to replace many modems on vehicles right after they sell them because the modem went bad while the car was sitting on the lot.

cory1848

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
Occupation
Sports Photographer
I have no connectivity either. Modem number does not show up. Ford has ordered a new one and they are on backorder.

OP
OP

Strider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
So just an update, I finally got the truck back to the dealer and they said the Telecomm Module was bad. It would not pick up the signal so they ordered a new one for me. Will take about 2 weeks to get the module and only 30 minutes to an hour to replace once it arrives. Dealer said they have seen 3 Rangers now since the March update that has this problem.

OP
OP

Strider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
So just an update, I finally got the truck back to the dealer and they said the Telecomm Module was bad. It would not pick up the signal so they ordered a new one for me. Will take about 2 weeks to get the module and only 30 minutes to an hour to replace once it arrives. Dealer said they have seen 3 Rangers now since the March update that has this problem.
*May update sorry

cory1848

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
Occupation
Sports Photographer
I just had this done as well 2 weeks ago. Everything back to normal now.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Pass must be a high school in MI project. :crackup: :crackup:
Sponsored