Are You and “In” or “Out” Guy…?

Deleted member 1634

Garage during the winter (October through May) so I don't need to worry about clearing the ice and snow off every morning in the dark at -20F.
Garage during the summer for any severe storms (hail mostly).
Otherwise parks outside in the driveway the rest of the time.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Being retired I don't drive very often anymore. If I leave it outside it would become a packrat nest in a short time. In the garage for me.
Hi Ken,

Be in Sahaurita in about half and hour to pick up a Poppa Murphy's pizza. Not seen a Red Ranger running around...just a Silver one and a black one...

oldnslow

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, I don't go into town much except to the grocery store. I live east of there, nearer to Corona de Tucson. I've been in "Covid isolation mode" too long, need to get out more. The walls aren't just talking back, they are arguing with me!

Foodieguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat (El Trucke)
Occupation
IT Guy and Former International Athlete
El Trucke will be parked outside under the oak tree unfortunately. Half the garage is taken up w the wife’s pottery studio and i have to fit the rest of all of ”our” stuff on “my” side. Not fair!

But the studio is my secret way of keeping her occupied with something she enjoys while I go out hunting and whatnot. So it works... Etsy shop link provided upon request ?

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Wow, 5 pages already.
I have a two car garage but with the shelving for storage, cabinets, work bench, and full size refrigerator, there is only room for one vehicle which is the toy, my Rubicon. The SUV and Ranger live outside. Lucky, where I live here in No. Calif., there is no snow to deal with.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
The Ranger is always garaged when not in use and just the right fit for the garage size. I baby her a lot, so she is really spoiled! ? :LOL: Plenty of space to work on her or do other projects when needed.

Two primary reasons for garaging:
(1) I live in a high desert area and the sun can dry out and crack dashes (have a dash cover) and upholstery (windows tinted), paint can fade and oxidize easily. Though not as intense here as you go west into the southern desert areas of AZ & CA. Occasional hailstorms...one damaged my roof and had it had to be replaced.

(2) Our city is a high crime area and prone to be heavy in break-ins and auto theft. In 2016, 2017 & 2018 we were #1 in the nation for auto theft.

There has been improvement recently and we are currently in 6th place. Hope this trend continues upward! Homicides this year are the highest on record.

Either they take your vehicle and fence it thru a bogus automotive business or steal it when you're asleep and have it over the southern border before you wake up. Impossible to recover. I really appreciate the vehicle locater mode on the Ford Pass App. My insurance carrier gives a discount for this.

I feel blessed to be able to live in a quiet, safe and peaceful neighborhood so don't have to be concerned with the community but outsiders coming in to take advantage. Certain areas in our city are safe and secure while others are not at all. You have to constantly watch your back and be careful where you park to stay out of harm's way.

One advantage is that NM has a substantial concealed carry law which is a helpful benefit when you need to defend yourself.

Well guys, enjoy your Rangers, have fun, and stay safe! :thumbsup:

The longest view.jpg

Garage clearance .jpg

Last edited:

JeeperCreeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep + Ranger Tremor
Parking on grass will rust out the underside of a car so fast...

I wish I could get mine inside more. Mostly outside. The jetski and wife's car get the garage. Looking at adding a carport over gravel but that might be for my snowmobile.

Luckily it's a truck so it can take some rain and snow.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
We have a tandem carport that is attached to the side of our Manufactured home. So we can get our vehicles out of the sun and most of the rain. The motorcycle sits on the concrete patio under an all season cover that keeps the rain, dust and sun off of it. It is not the best, but it is what it is. :frown:

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I park in the garage. All my modifications have been based around still fitting in my garage.

I left my Kia Forte (previous car) out a couple nights when we first moved in (we live in a nice area) and someone tried to steal it. I know the Kia is 'easy' to steal and a hot target, but I don't want to risk the Ranger to that same fate. They tried to steal it the Wednesday before I bought my truck on Saturday.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Garaged unless im driving it. My area is a thunderstorm playground so im trying to keep the new truck from getting beat up. My poor lil 4g was a sharp truck for its age until hail pounded it. Now every panel has hail dents on it, looks like a red golf ball. Inside is more secure so I can leave my stuff in the truck and not worry about theft.