Anyone NOT have problems with the Ranger?

Burnt Money

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I really hate to jinx myself lol. 2020 FX4 63,815 miles later and the only part that needed be changed was the 12 dollar part in the bucking surging thread. The rest was changed because I can’t leave anything stock lol. Not gonna lie the tranny has me a little nervous especially towing. Thanks @Msfitoy 😂
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I really hate to jinx myself lol. 2020 FX4 63,815 miles later and the only part that needed be changed was the 12 dollar part in the bucking surging thread. The rest was changed because I can’t leave anything stock lol. Not gonna lie the tranny has me a little nervous especially towing. Thanks @Msfitoy 😂
95,000 - 63,815 = 31,185 😬

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

Not for nothing, if you know people who can help you, the transmission is only $3000 for the part. While not chump change, its not that bad... My plan is to change it out on my own, if it ever gives me trouble. I have access to a lift though. I did replace the transmission in my 4runner back in the day on my garage floor. That was a giant pain.

Burnt Money

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Not for nothing, if you know people who can help you, the transmission is only $3000 for the part. While not chump change, its not that bad... My plan is to change it out on my own, if it ever gives me trouble. I have access to a lift though. I did replace the transmission in my 4runner back in the day on my garage floor. That was a giant pain.
I have thought about the DIY route if need be. Your spot on that it saves a chunk of money! I have changed out several transmissions over the years which is good for knowledge but the flip side is Ive changed enough to realize I don’t really enjoy doing it lol. Especially on a 4wd. Hopefully I have a unicorn 10 speed tranny that last 200k trouble free miles🤣

Jthomp19

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger fx4
Occupation
Trophy husband
21 xlt fx4 since new almost three years ownership and 38k miles. Zero problems so far. It’s been leveled on fox 2.0 has bigger ko2s and I take it off road frequently. Absolutely love this truck.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
but the flip side is Ive changed enough to realize I don’t really enjoy doing it lol.
The engine in my 85 4runner had a catastrophic failure and I bought a short block, performance heads, and did the engine swap in my garage. I was working full time, studying for a big exam, and doing the swap. I learned in that project that I didn't want to do that big a project again.

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
21 tremor with 20k miles and zero issues.

if every transmission goes out before 100k miles then how can you get a 100,000 mile powertrain extended warranty for $1000? I guess Ford is trying to lose money.

Reactions: Doc

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
2020 here /68,600 still running

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
2019, just short of 90k. Plus another 6k of flat towing from coast to coast. One of the first trucks off the line.

Daily driver, but been on 33'+ almost it's entire life. Towed heavy many, many times. Been through 20 of the 50 states ( not counting it's birth) still get 21+ mpg.

• 4th set of shocks ( but we test them for work)
  • Almost done on the 3rd set of tires ( got rid of originals at 6k)
  • One 02 sensor (warranty)
  • 2nd battery
  • 2nd set of spark plugs
  • Original brakes
  • Blen door has made noise for years
  • Transmission is on its way out 😬
  • Stereo disconnects phone from AA when it gets hot. ( Since new)
Other than that, no issues. Every vehicle has problems, and this is pretty dam good for a first year model. 💪 Wish the trans would have made it longer, but it is a Ford Transmission 🤷

Ibanezbass671

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Technician
2022 XLT just cresting to the 9k mark with no issues.....lol

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I read all the messages of people having all kinds of problems with their ranger. Really discouraging. I have a 2020 Ranger XLT with 17k on it,

Anyone got a few miles on theirs without problems?
Yeah, a few miles; I just crossed 30,000 yesterday, and I have no problems.

wetidlerjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman
I have a 2021 model XLT (under 12K in 3 yrs.) with no issues to speak of (one marker and license lights replacement). :like:

OP
OP

Sgt York

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
2019, just short of 90k. Plus another 6k of flat towing from coast to coast. One of the first trucks off the line.

Daily driver, but been on 33'+ almost it's entire life. Towed heavy many, many times. Been through 20 of the 50 states ( not counting it's birth) still get 21+ mpg.

• 4th set of shocks ( but we test them for work)
  • Almost done on the 3rd set of tires ( got rid of originals at 6k)
  • One 02 sensor (warranty)
  • 2nd battery
  • 2nd set of spark plugs
  • Original brakes
  • Blen door has made noise for years
  • Transmission is on its way out 😬
  • Stereo disconnects phone from AA when it gets hot. ( Since new)
Other than that, no issues. Every vehicle has problems, and this is pretty dam good for a first year model. 💪 Wish the trans would have made it longer, but it is a Ford Transmission 🤷

Transmation problem is my main concern, I use the truck mainly for towing a TAB 400 Camper.
Sponsored