First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I'm not a fan of the a/c temperature button. Its really hard to see even in the daylight and i use it pretty often. I haven't solved it yet, I just feel for it and hope i dont hit the fan speed and take a/c off of auto.
I find it easy enough in low light conditions but impossible in the daylight. I solved it by just using voice commands. "Set Temperature to 65 Degrees"
Sponsored

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Annoyance is the astronomical prices for quality aftermarket parts in comparison to other platforms.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

hogsrear

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL STX
I've seen it mentioned on the forums but something that still bugs me is the engine noise, specifically the sewing machine sound (fuel injectors?) only to be made worse by additional piped in noise through the speakers. I'm starting to get used to it but I remembered how off-putting it is the other day when I had a friend in my truck and he immediately asked wtf was wrong with it. I know it is what it is.... and it is annoying as hell. I think the injector noise is actually worse than the fake engine noise, but the dream would be that they are both silenced lol.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
I've seen it mentioned on the forums but something that still bugs me is the engine noise, specifically the sewing machine sound (fuel injectors?) only to be made worse by additional piped in noise through the speakers. I'm starting to get used to it but I remembered how off-putting it is the other day when I had a friend in my truck and he immediately asked wtf was wrong with it. I know it is what it is.... and it is annoying as hell. I think the injector noise is actually worse than the fake engine noise, but the dream would be that they are both silenced lol.
I don't get the fake engine noise, possibly because I chose the Pauper Tech Package?

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Having to unlock rear windows to roll up or down. If I forget to lock them then my pup stands on the button and it rolls down..

fortunately a forum member 3D printed a set plugs you slip into the window button. He called it “puppy guard 3000” ? they work GREAT!!!

VTRanger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT SuperCrew
How about this for an annoyance… looking at extended warranties online, saw some prices and realized I got RIPPED OFF at sale from dealer. Well…. Then I looked at the rest of my paperwork and realized I got ripped off on undercoat and xpel to protect paint. Called around and got some quotes and yeah, it was bad. (I didn’t buy from local Ford dealer, it was used).

Well, I drafted a firm but very carefully worded email and called to talk to general manager. Sent him the email and got a call in 10 minutes and they agreed to send my bank with the note a check to “make it right.”

Don’t have a firm number yet as they are waiting to talk to accounting but it will be close to $2500, and I’ll continue with my current warranty.

Good news, I won’t be underwater anymore and will potentially be looking at a brand new Ranger in the next year, but the bad news is that I feel like a schmuck for getting had like I did. I’ll never buy a vehicle again without doing my due diligence, so I have a lot of you to thank for that. Previous to this group I had no clue about car prices, aftermarket stuff, msrp, but god damn!!! Car dealers should be politicians. When the finance manager called to apologize and “make it right,” he couldn’t stop trying to sell himself and the deal instead of just saying sorry. I’ll be buying out of state in the future.

So one hour spent, saved about $2500. Feel better, but that was annoying.
Warranties are where they make all the money, got shafted a few times on them. Not alone.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
The Auto Start/Stop Eliminator does exactly that. I have one in the Ranger and my wife's 21 Jeep. It remembers the last setting on restart.
You can turn it off with Forscan.

Reactions: TJC

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
You can turn this off with Forscan as well.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
You can turn it off with Forscan.
But the Auto Start/Stop Eliminator is a much more elegant solution. If you find yourself in a situation where you want to use it you can just turn it on with the button on the console, can't do that if you turn it off with ForScan.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I just want about 2" to 3" more behind the rear seats for stuff that I don't want to store long term in the bed.
Ham Radios
Trauma Bag
Snugs and Omma

Maybe some better under the seat storage would be nice too..
I've considered getting a Law Enforcement Seat Organizer that would use the rear seat back (front side) and have a protruding storage area that rested on the back seat. But that means the under seat storage is less accessible. They should have split 60/40'd the rear seat so you could flippy flop one side while keeping the other side with a person or gear in it. Rear buckets would have been fine too.

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
This might be an android auto complaint and not Ford but here it goes.

The amount of button presses and page changes when trying to go from streaming audio to FM radio kills me. you would think that there would be a button on the touchscreen for radio? Does Apple have something like this? I would be willing to change my phone to solve this issue.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I would of liked
cooled seats
Twin or Bi turbo V6 Diesel
And the option to not have 20" rims on a 4x4 (Philippine dealer thing)

IMG_2035.JPG
Sponsored