First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
wife and I just did a cross-country road trip...and didn't have to search for a single radio station since we were listening to sirius.

got it in both vehicles and I don't mind paying for that convenience plus the app is kind of nice too.
Sponsored

TuggerNutz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes
I hate everything about Sirius. Cancelled it and started seeing that phone # pop up on the screen. Now it's starting up with a commercial to subscribe to Sirius. Is there anyway to delete it from my head unit?

RangerBill

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4
Occupation
retired
I hate everything about Sirius. Cancelled it and started seeing that phone # pop up on the screen. Now it's starting up with a commercial to subscribe to Sirius. Is there anyway to delete it from my head unit?
You can't delete Sirius, but you can select AM or FM radio and you won't see the Sirius pop-up.

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
Most annoying thing about Sirius to me is after you cancel they send you letters every week wanting you back. I told them for the money you've spent mailing me letters you could give it to me for free the next 3 years. They didn't find that funny for some reason!
It’s gotten out of hand. Not only did we just move, we also bought a ranger, so along with all of my auto insurance is about to expire letters from god knows who and the refinancing letters, I get at least two Sirius XM letters a week. Seriously contemplating putting an M80 in my mailbox and calling it a day.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I have never subscribed to Sirius. I got letters up until last year and they were aghast that I had never activated the original trial period, so they opened up another free trial, which I also never listened to.
I mostly listen to an a jazz format FM station from Minneapolis locally, at home I run their online player through my stereo, as I live below a hill and the signal is too weak. On the road or at home, I have Apple Music which has has every format I care about and no self promotion every other song. one of my go-to's is a tab called "Chris' Station"- wow! That's my name! Every day, there is a new mix of tunes: from my library, some from similar genres or artists, and a few from other genres.
Up in the MN Arrowhead where cell signal is 0-1 bar and no 5G or LTE, I just turn off everything; I don't want media commin' at me every waking moment.
I punch the Mute button on the gas pump TV when filling up.

Untitled 7 copy.png
No, I'm washing my windshield. I won't stop at Holiday (Circle K) stations because they don't have mute buttons. Worse, the one a few blocks from me has the PA blaring Country, Hip Hop or Oldies depending on the shift manager of the moment, punctuated with "Go ahead on Pump 2!!" How can I possibly learn who has a movie coming out in six months with "Muskrat Love" booming over my head?
Sponsored

Last edited: