First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I am planning on giving the engine cover a shot, so I guess I can update my annoyance complaint to "having to purchase a $100 foam accessory to try and mask ugly engine noise". Aware of forscan, have no intentions of using it at the moment (don't own a PC).
I bought a $100 refurbished Windows laptop off of Amazon. Perfect for Forscan and cheaper than any other method to change tire size.

Just an option. I never rely noticed the fake engine noise until I turned it off.
Sponsored

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
What I find annoying is that if my wife rides with me, and she uses the seatbelt, afterwards if you don't return the buckle to be parallel to the B-pillar of the truck, it rattles. It rattles a lot.
I thought this was just me...

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You have a '21. Purchasing the engine cover will reduce the audible injector click.

And you can turn off the fake noise with ForScan.

Rears do it also.

Whenever the family is getting out of my truck it's become customary to exclaim, "fix your seat belts ladies!"
I still don't understand the fake engine noise thing. I have no sound from my speakers unless the radio is on. (Side note: I just had my hearing aids tuned) So do some have it & some don't?

OP
OP
Wytchdctr

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I have a weird/small one... and I am remembering because it was doing it driving home. No .. fix.. for it other than to let the wipers deal with it.

Most of my commute is around 40mph to 45. When it is doing that soaking steady rain that is going on right now; water builds up in the center of the hood. Going slower or faster and the airflow changes and the water doesn't do the pooling thing. Right as I go to stop.. the water slides down the hood but catches the air still coming over the nose and splashes the windshield.

Nothing.. major... but.. just a bit weird.

Maybe I can rainX the hood. Might not be a bad idea in general with a black truck and the water spots that always stay after it rains.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I can live with most little things but the one that gets me is when I pull the wiper wand back to spray the windshield to clean it the drivers side spray hits the wiper arm before the wipers start to move. Baa hum bug. So my first wipe up is still pretty dry wet going down.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Most of my commute is around 40mph to 45. When it is doing that soaking steady rain that is going on right now; water builds up in the center of the hood. Going slower or faster and the airflow changes and the water doesn't do the pooling thing. Right as I go to stop.. the water slides down the hood but catches the air still coming over the nose and splashes the windshield.

Same with my F150.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
im annoyed with the head rests. it only adjusts up and down, not forward and back... ford decided to shaft many of the 21 models on that like the bed tie downs and console organizer etc. :rolleyes:
it wouldnt bother me except that after a couple hours in the new ranger i cant get my neck in a position that is not painful. one "click" or two back would be great.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I still don't understand the fake engine noise thing. I have no sound from my speakers unless the radio is on. (Side note: I just had my hearing aids tuned) So do some have it & some don't?
I think it's more so that some notice and some don't. Like I said, I never noticed it till I turned it off. It's a MUCH quieter and nicer environment now.

OP
OP
Wytchdctr

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I turned mine on to see what people didn't like; sounded like ... a mild exhaust leak ...maybe? during heavy throttle.. and back to off again that setting went.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I have a weird/small one... and I am remembering because it was doing it driving home. No .. fix.. for it other than to let the wipers deal with it.

Maybe I can rainX the hood. Might not be a bad idea in general with a black truck and the water spots that always stay after it rains.
I never noticed that on mine, but another annoyance is when I hit a puddle of water at about 30-40, all the water ends up on the hood and windshield.

madtrixter

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
My annoyance was the lack of interior storage. My wife's old ridgeline has cubbies and pockets everywhere. I put on a set of coverking molle seat covers for most of my crap.

20220217_120054.jpg

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I wish the back seat in the crewcab folded down flat.
I wish my XLT came with memory presets for seat position.

Those are the two biggest things I miss.
Agreed!
My Nissan Titan from 2007 had fold flat front passenger seat and fold flat back seats. If a bottom tier manufacturer had this technology 15 years ago, why can't Ford have it now?

Now that I think about it, the front seats in that Titan also spun 180 degrees so they could face rear ward. It took some chair origami and various levers and leans and tilts like solving a Rubix Cube but it could be done.

Edit To Add: Passenger Door Damper. People be LOVIN that slam!

Last edited:

whoisdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 IS300
Occupation
Photographer
ASS and the amount of force required to close the doors. I feel like I have to slam them compared to every other vehicle I've owned.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
ASS and the amount of force required to close the doors. I feel like I have to slam them compared to every other vehicle I've owned.
Really? Our doors are opposite. They take no effort to close yet my wife slams the hell out of 'em! HAHAHA

Grooge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I'm not a fan of the a/c temperature button. Its really hard to see even in the daylight and i use it pretty often. I haven't solved it yet, I just feel for it and hope i dont hit the fan speed and take a/c off of auto.
Agreed!!! I use the software version. The physical buttons are useless and even unsafe while driving.
Sponsored