Android Auto update - "Coolwalk"

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Haven't been able to get this to work in my new truck yet. But my USB cord is crap. Ordered better ones. Should be here Friday. Hopefully I'll be able to get it working this weekend.

I've used it during work trips in rentals cars. Seems like a pretty good system. Just got to get it working in my Ranger!
Sponsored

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Well color me confused. Her dispaly 'looks' kinda like my Coolwalk, split screen etc. But the only connection is the Bluetooth. I doubt I will be able to get a pic anytime soon.
The Sync Home screen is broken into three segments like the new Android Auto update.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
The Sync Home screen is broken into three segments like the new Android Auto update.
Well maybe I just haven't been to the home screen lately.

Wablackwell22

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger
Occupation
Paralegal
Mine updated a few days ago. Also have AAWireless dongle. I appreciate the new tiled look. Excited to see what can be done now that AA can default to a tiled landscape. I have dabbled in some Android Automation and Android Development. Having access to buttons on the screen based off location seems doable. i.e. Change the upper left tile to a button that will turn on the lights in my house when I am at geolocation X or pop up a button that will allow me to control some other smart devices.
Question for you, I'm looking at getting a MyQ garage system, and your post got me wondering if this Android Automation could trigger my garage door to open when I hit my neighborhood. I have less than 0 experience in Android Automation, and I'm curious as to if/how this would work. Is this something that would have to be programmed into my phone? Into the head unit? Do I have to contact a wizard?