First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
First thing, android auto does not work in our trucks unless pluged in to one of the usb ports under the dash. AA does not work over bluetooth. Only thing you can do over bluetooth is answer phone calls, texts and listen to music saved to your phone. There are adaptors that will ad wireless AA, but it is not built in.
Mine will play streaming music like Spotify not plugged into the usb ports and only using Bluetooth
Sponsored

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Ah, ok. Lariat only feature with that fancy gauge cluster. My XLT has the basic cluster. Just use the AA interface on the infotainment display. I think for that gauge cluster screen to work you need the phone connected as BT without the AA connection.
The Lariat right side display when working properly will display call history on a Bluetooth or Android Auto connection.

OP
OP

TxRanger386

First Name
J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
The Lariat right side display when working properly will display call history on a Bluetooth or Android Auto connection.
I've now reset both Android Auto on my phone and master reset in the truck.

Current version of Sync. Still not working right. ?‍♂

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
OK. I didn't know they did that much talking between the two systems.

Maybe you need to manually pair the phone with BT before connecting it with USB for AA? Maybe there is some magic order of "meeting" each other for some of these things to work.
Sponsored