Android Auto - working much better with new phone

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
So, my old phone was a Galaxy S7. Worked great for years, but finally upgraded to a S22.

One of the downfalls of the S7 was that I was never able to get it working well with Android Auto. It did work, and I could use maps, spotify, my music player, etc, but it was clunky and the voice control never worked well even with fully updated apps. Could not get it to read my texts to me , to automate an outgoing call hands free, or work Spotify with voice. Half the time it would say "I don't understand."

That all went away when I plugged in the S22. It understands everything. While in Spotify I can say "Play (song) by (artist)" or at any time I can say "call (name) on cell" or "send text to (name)" and then say the message at the prompt. It will read my texts to me and ask me if I want to reply, and it's all very accurate and smooth.

I guess I'm just expressing my happiness that things improved with the new phone. I wasn't expecting Android Auto to be working so much better (or fixed if you want to call it that) but I'm happy.
Sponsored

geezmo2020

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 2001 Ranger Edge 2017 Chevy Trax 1978 Camaro Z/28 2013 H/D Switchback
Occupation
Metal fabricator
Hey Zaph, did a similar upgrade Saturday. One question for you, what are you using for your connection cable?

OP
OP
Zaph

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Hey Zaph, did a similar upgrade Saturday. One question for you, what are you using for your connection cable?
I'm a little late on this, but I have to show you my super, absolutely perfect cable that I have searched for. :) Perfect length, 9" long, beautiful cast metal ends, 90 degrees on phone end so I can set my phone in the tray in front of the shift knob..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079M6SKYH/

51cTYRLob1L._AC_UL116_SR116,116_.jpg

phonecable.jpg

Last edited:

SteveH

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco sport. 2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation