What are your go-to wash products?

magnus

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
For all the detailers out there I wanted to start a thread on what you use when giving some TLC to your ranger. Here's my products:

Exterior:
Soap - Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner w/ Wash Mitt
Protection - Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax
Maintenance - Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax
Tire Shine - 303 Aerospace Protectant
Plastics - 303 Aerospace Protectant

Interior:
Cleaner - Meguiar's Interior Detailer Cleaner
Protectant - 303 Aerospace Protectant
Glass - Stoner Invisible Glass
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
For all the detailers out there I wanted to start a thread on what you use when giving some TLC to your ranger. Here's my products:

Exterior:

Interior:
I really do use mostly 303 now as they have great products especially the Graphene Nano Spray.

Exterior:

Power Washer - Sun Joe electric washer
Foam Cannon - Trinova
Soap - Chemical Guys Snow Foam Mellon scent
Protection - 303 Graphene Nano Spray
Quick Detailer - 303 Graphene Detailer
Tire Shine - 303 Tire Coating and Protectant
Tonneau Cover, Bed Rails and Plastic on Rear Bumper - 303 Aerospace Protectant

Interior:

303 Aerospace Protectant on everything leather and plastic

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I have grown enamored of Rain-X wash:

https://www.amazon.com/Rain-X-62003...ocphy=9032152&hvtargid=pla-382228516990&psc=1

In our drought stricken area I try to use as little water as possible, and prior to using the Rain-X would often spend time buffing out or re-wetting the water spots that would form between rinsing and getting around with a towel. With the Rain-X it all just dries clean from the outset, dramatically reducing my towel work.

They say is is safe for the environment....goodness knows we don't want to give California Cancer to any of our Fish Bees..... ;-)

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
I use Irish spring bar soap, and the same gas/oil soaked rag I have laying about in the garage for everything else.

Why spend money on washing your garage queen?

*sorry I couldn't resist*

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Meguiars all the way for me. I can't find 303 products here, YET!
Lol spoke too soon. But about $23.

Screenshot_20220707-113857_Samsung Internet.jpg

madchassey

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Marketing

Exterior:

Interior:
I feel like I'm bougie haha but I've ceramic coated my truck and wanted to take care of it

Exterior:

Soap: Koch-Chemie GSF
Prep: Carpro Eraser
Sealant: P&S Beadmaker
Tire Shine: Carpro Perl
Glass: Koch-Chemie GC

Interior:
Cleaner: AMMO Lather
Fabric cleaner: AMMO Shag
Protectant: Koch-Chemie Top Star

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
www.griotsgarage.com

Used to be in my backyard so it was easy to pickup, now its a reason to go to Washington.

CEL2022

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SCAB 4x4 on the way
Occupation
Happily retired
Don't know where to start here. Depending on the ride I am detailing and do not have my Ranger yet but the daily drivers that are outside always get the over the counter treatment. Meguiars for the wash but will use my Cobra clay mitt when needed. Was using the Meguiars Hybrid ceramic wax but recently switched over to the Hybrid Solutions pair from Turtle wax being the Ceramic spray coating and the Ceramic wet wax. Like these new products. For the outside and inside mostly 303 protectant everywhere but do use the Chemical guys VRP which I like a lot.

Now for the rides kept in the garage which will be the Ranger when it comes especially with that Hot Pepper paint I will start with the LSP. I have used and have a ton of sealants and waxes but this is my only go to product now and love it.

Wolfgang SIO2 sealant on everything that moves in and out of my 2 car garage...lol.

If I need to do any paint correction mild or not I use these products many and often. All done with a polisher not by hand.

Griots Garage BOSS Best of Show Systems....BOSS correcting creme, perfecting creme and fast correcting creme. Incredible products with amazing results.

Sonax products are great too but mostly use them on darker colors with great results. The Sonax cut and finish and the EX 04-06 are awesome products.

3D line also makes some great products. Their AAT501 cutting compound and AAT502 finishing polish are great for deeper scratches and bad oxidation if needed.

So many other products from these manufacturers that I have used and liked from Menzerna, Meguiars, McKees, Chemical Guys and many others the list can go on and long.

Last product I use and its the only one I use is the 3D 403 Final Touch. This stuff is awesome and the results are top notch for a quick detail. I buy it by the gallon like the 303 protectant because its that good.

Sorry if I rambled on and I know most here just want that quick detail like I do too but just in case you want to go deeper and further into a detail just a few of the great products out there. And I know there are so many more good ones out there.

Steve

AtxJustice6r

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Cactus Grey BAP
Occupation
Detailing Business, Commerical Electrician
Good for you man. Nothing wrong with being bougie when it comes to quality detailing products. I own a detailing company but I keep my mouth shut around here as it seems like the 303 Graphene crowd has a strangle hold. Koch-Chemie, Carpro, my favorite detailing product of all time...P&S Beadmaker are all awesome brands and products.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Exterior

Soap, whatever is on sale, usually Meguiar's or Black Magic.
Microfiber wash mitt.
Dry with a California Blade and a chamois.
Tires, Black Magic (formerly Westley's) Bleche White. Scrub the whole sidewall with a big brush and the white letters with a cut down BBQ grill wire brush. Top with Armor All or Cristal if I have a show.
Wheel cleaner, whatever is on sale. Scrub with the Wheel Gerbil (seriously) brush from Chemical Guys (Amazon).
Turtle Wax tar remover.
Meguiar's Clay Bar once or twice a year.
Wax, Meguiar's Gold Class or if I have a show, a local product called RivStar Showcar Glaze.
Meguiar's Back To Black as needed.
Glass, scrub once or twice a year with Bon Ami Cleanser. Gets the bugs and road grit off without scratching the glass, saw that trick on a TV show. Keeps your headlights from getting oxidized too. Top with Rain-X.

Interior

I'm not nearly as picky about it.
Vacuum.
Wipe with a damp cloth.
Have yet to find a decent glass cleaner so since my side gig is window cleaning I just use a squeegee on them.

Ranger_Carlisle_2022.jpg
Sponsored