First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Military Contractor
Glad you were able to get them to work. I am working with alpharex to get mine (specifically the DRL's) to work. Somehow, my 2019 xlt doesn't have a fuse number 27, or whatever they were recommending, so for now my DRL's are the projectors. I'm guessing "plug and play" for you was just using that port 27?
Sponsored

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you were able to get them to work. I am working with alpharex to get mine (specifically the DRL's) to work. Somehow, my 2019 xlt doesn't have a fuse number 27, or whatever they were recommending, so for now my DRL's are the projectors. I'm guessing "plug and play" for you was just using that port 27?
Fuse 24 and that is weird

Sinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Really thinking about pulling the trigger on these! Would you recommend these bulbs since I can't find the ones you bought?

And how hard was the installation?

Last edited:

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Really thinking about pulling the trigger on these! Would you recommend these bulbs since I can't find the ones you bought?

And how hard was the installation?
Those are the bulbs I got since I could not find the ones mentioned by the OP. Looks like these ones are updated version of the other ones. Install isn't too hard.

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Can someone please explain more on what you are talking about with this fuse 24 / fuse 27 thing? When looking at pictures on the Alpharex website some models had an extra wire with an inline fuse holder. Is that what you mean? Original poster and website make it seem plug and play but some of you are talking about a missing fuse or port. Thanks

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone explain more on what you are talking about with this fuse 24 / fuse 27 thing? When looking at pictures on the Alpharex website some models had an extra wire with an inline fuse holder. Is that what you mean? Original poster and website make it seem plug and play but some of you are talking about a missing fuse.
The system is 100% plug and play. The extra wire is if you want the DRL to operate independently of the switch and also reduce brightness automatically when the headlights do turn on. So basically for the DRL to work with out the wire you would have to put the switch on parking lights for example not auto.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
The system is 100% plug and play. The extra wire is if you want the DRL to operate independently of the switch and also reduce brightness automatically when the headlights do turn on. So basically for the DRL to work with out the wire you would have to put the switch on parking lights for example not auto.
Just go into Forscan and set your DRLs to include parking light and they should come on in Auto during the day. Setting your DRLs to dedicated (Lariat option) should also disable the low beams as DRL.

Emanuel22

First Name
Emanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021
Occupation
Elec. Tech.
I'm about to do the DRL thing but, is it hold for a Daily? I don't want to burn those little leds in 1 year.

shaketxavius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Paramedic
I'm about to do the DRL thing but, is it hold for a Daily? I don't want to burn those little leds in 1 year.

The Alpha Rex warranty is up to I believe 3 years and they will replace the entire unit if the LED burns out.

CoachJ

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
I installed these today, and went with the Aukee bulbs as well. My driver's side bulb keeps shutting off randomly; is this happening to anyone else? They also don't have near the "brilliance" as what your pictures show...yours turned out really nice and appear very similar to my Morimotos in my last truck (2013 F150 with the XB LED headlights), so i went with the Pro/Aukee setup and I'm a bit let down to be honest...I'll have to investigate what's causing the shut down. It comes back on after turning them off and back on again. And it's just the one bulb is what's weird.

CoachJ

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
Oh, but here's some pics. They do look good. Also installed the Stage3 grille lights and Diode Dynamics fog lights today. The grille lights were the only "easy" thing all day lol.

IMG_2953.jpg
IMG_2950.jpg

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
I installed these today, and went with the Aukee bulbs as well. My driver's side bulb keeps shutting off randomly; is this happening to anyone else? They also don't have near the "brilliance" as what your pictures show...yours turned out really nice and appear very similar to my Morimotos in my last truck (2013 F150 with the XB LED headlights), so i went with the Pro/Aukee setup and I'm a bit let down to be honest...I'll have to investigate what's causing the shut down. It comes back on after turning them off and back on again. And it's just the one bulb is what's weird.
Interesting. I have had the same thing happen with the aukees, (driver side light out.) I think it has only happened once though. Now im curious.

CoachJ

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
Interesting. I have had the same thing happen with the aukees, (driver side light out.) I think it has only happened once though. Now im curious.
It did it first right when I pulled up to get the headlights aligned, then again leaving and again waiting in the drive-thru. Definitely has me a bit paranoid about driving around at night. Guess I'll spend a good amount of time figuring this out tomorrow. I bought the Pro so I could swap bulbs, but even that looks like it'll be a chore. Everything is just so tight.
Sponsored