First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercrew, 2019 Chevy Blazer
Occupation
Department store manager
It may not sound like a big deal, but one thing I love about the Ranger is the low windshield wash warning icon. All vehicles need this, especially if you live in a wintry climate like me. I would also like opinions on this. Do trucks need a reminder icon showing that the tailgate is down? I was with a friend in his F150 and we heard a thumping noise as we entered a road construction area in town. When he pulled over on the shoulder of road, he realized the tailgate had been left down. These tailgates are much lighter now and we need a reminder to let us know.
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
It may not sound like a big deal, but one thing I love about the Ranger is the low windshield wash warning icon. All vehicles need this, especially if you live in a wintry climate like me. I would also like opinions on this. Do trucks need a reminder icon showing that the tailgate is down? I was with a friend in his F150 and we heard a thumping noise as we entered a road construction area in town. When he pulled over on the shoulder of road, he realized the tailgate had been left down. These tailgates are much lighter now and we need a reminder to let us know.
I drove all the way to TSC the other day with the tailgate down. Nothing fell out, but I was like huh, that's odd. The washer fluid warning is nice to have for sure.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
wait.. where's the backup camera?
Ya but Doritos will never taste that good again.
Hm... this is true.

Hire a man servant to make sure tailgate is shut, and plentiful doobers are twisted up.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
With the never ending list of "Technology for Millennials" in vehicles today. Low window wash is one I'd actually appreciate.

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
My 2000 Jeep Sport had the low washer warning lamp. In off camber off road situations, it lit up and dinged and drove me CRAZY. Was nice to know though.

I would like a "tailgate ajor" warning or notification. I always check but almost drive off from HD the other day with my gate down. I could see it as I had the tonneau on at the time.

OP
OP
RangerRod31

RangerRod31

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercrew, 2019 Chevy Blazer
Occupation
Department store manager
The reason I started this thread was because of something I saw not long ago. A guy in a truck, with a tonneau cover, had his tailgate down. A couple of empty buckets were rolling in the bed of it and one was almost out on the tailgate. Don't know if he knew the tailgate was down or not. Maybe a warning icon would have jogged his memory to the situation.
Sponsored