All New 2019 Ranger Closes The Year With 89,571 Total Sales; 14,473 Sales In December

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Rob,

The only thing you see is the final line starting about body deck area....Some of the fascinating things like the body shop, the paint line etc are really cool, but most folks only get snapshot videos I suspect that the plant will have some expansion but I am of the opinion that the next generation Ranger is on the same chassis we know and love New body maybe...It does not make sense to retool the whole plant only to do another chassis as well, but I may be wrong...

If my buddy makes it down here in late Jan, I can get him to read the PDL (Program Direction Letter) which is the framework for the Ranger Program, it will spell out if there is a new chassis as well...

Anyway...I am happy with my 2019 Ranger and will likely keep it many years...My old 2007 served well...It followed my motor home for about 97,000 miles but only showed 34,000 on the odo. I disclosed this fact to the dealer...not sure if they told the customer who purchased it. It had a shelf life on half a day after I turned it in on the 2019...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co Retired
I would assume the next gen Ranger will be the same chassis as well - especially since they appear to be using the same chassis for the Bronco. I would expect the changes to be the body style and the interior.

The only big thing that would get me to trade my 2019 for the new one would be a hybrid with significantly better mileage (30+) and a 6' bed option on the SuperCab. I love my 2019 and it would take a lot to make me trade it at this point.
Sponsored

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I figure I have 6-7 years with this truck so I'm hoping for something really good in that time frame - that is when my two youngsters will be 16 or 17 - then I will need a new one :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I figure I have 6-7 years with this truck so I'm hoping for something really good in that time frame - that is when my two youngsters will be 16 or 17 - then I will need a new one :)
Just in time for them to start driving too. I bet they'll be fighting over which one gets to drive the Ranger lol. :)
Sponsored