Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
You're turbo will not be happy. ?
I have run K&N filters on turbo cars for decades. Put well over 700K miles on various turbo cars with K&N filters and not once did a turbo ever tell me it was sad.. No worn impellers, no turbo failures, no gummed up MAS airflow sensors, no excessive wear.

The biggest mistake people make when using K&N filters is they apply WAY too much oil on them when recharging. I have seen countless people absolutely soak the them with oil to the point where the filter is dripping it's so saturated. You do that every time the filter is cleaned/recharged and of course you're going to have long term issues. A very light coat of charge oil on the outboard side of the filter is all that's needed. The oil will soak through and if applied properly next to no oil will make it out of the filter.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Last edited:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Yeah, and dog gone your time (that's southern for you messed it up for everybody). :) I just checked, and now those are out of stock.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Serviced my Ranger yesterday, didnt take long to figure out that my local dealer had no idea when or if they would ever get Ranger air filters back in stock. All the dealers i checked online were out of stock. My local walmart had none, only one I could get my hands on was a WIX at Orippleys..... So needless to say if your planning an airfilter change, start looking around now....
Thanks for the heads up. When I checked a few minutes ago, all my usual places had WIX filters in stock (which is the brand I always use). The OEM stuff does seem to be N/A.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
When I ordered mine there were only 3 left. It's all Pauls @OrangeStreak fault he posted the link here instead of messaging me. ?
Oh noooooooooooo, now you're just chaneling your inner politician. "Tain't my fault, it's Pauls @OrangeStreak............." Sell it on the street buddy, I ain't buying it.....................:bandit:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever ran a dry K&N filter? :sunglasses:
i did years ago accidentally. however it was in an old dodge with the cummins b. that old hog could have sucked in a bag of quick crete and still ran fine... (not really). i couldnt figure out why i was rolling more soot than normal. called my mechanic and he said pop in a new air filter. i pulled the kn out, it was nasty gummy and bone dry. put in a new paper one and the soot went back to normal. I am sure it didnt do anything good for it but i sold it running fine years after that and the guy that bought it still drives it on original engine and turbo. see him around town now and then. likely the 5th transmission by now lol. an old mechanical turbo diesel from an agriculture / heavy equipment application put in a pickup and a modern mighty mouse with all sorts of tech wizardry is not even close to apples to apples. id assume the eco boost is much more sensitive. the oiled gauze filter is really dependent on the correct cleaning and oiling. if not done faithfully they are poor filters. a paper filter will filter until it falls apart, just eventually gets too clogged. i check mine every time i check the oil in the r5g, if it looks the slightest bit skanky or dry i do the cleaning as the instructions say and then oil it up till the entire filter has that nice tranny fluid red color. my ford performance pack came with the tune and tuner and a kn pre lubed, ford made the package deal and stamped it as warranty safe. so that satisfied me. if ford designed tested and put together the performance pack with that filter and stamped it approved then im not worried. if i spent a lot of time driving in conditions that were air filter killers id pop in a traditional one for that duration.

C.moore01

First Name
Colbey Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape 2019 ranger
Thornhill ford in West Virginia did have some available .. for anyone looking may be worth the call

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
I bought one from the ebay link when there was 3 or 4 left lol. My truck will be at 25k miles by the end of the week so my FOMO is totally justified ?

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
Wix or Purolator?

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
I went with the wix .. I think either one would be a good alternative in place of motor craft due to availability
Found Purolator for $16, cheapest Wix i can find right now is $21 on ebay.Wasnt sure if Wix is worth the extra money

Edit found some Wix for $12

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
I went with the wix
Bought 2 Wix air filters and 2 Wix cabin filters. Should last a long time before i need more.
Sponsored