Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Let's not all start a run on air filters

Just buy it when you need it and keep one spare
Yes, please. I just replaced mine a month ago. No need for me to panic. I will let nine or ten months to before I need to look for a replacement.

Strobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
You're turbo will not be happy. ?
It won’t? I’m no expert, but I’d bet you aren’t either?

There are people on both sides of the argument who swear by their particular point of view, just like those on the political spectrum. One thing I won’t do is let a fearful few cause me to panic… and besides that I have an extended warranty. I also plan on cleaning it more often, because I love my truck.

Anyways, good day to ya.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I've used it Wix filters since day one, they test out as one of the best. K&N and Fram not so much.

Since he used all purpose flour, it's similar to driving behind a vehicle kicking up so much dirt in the air.

Using K&N may not be a good idea unless you are in the lead and have a snorkel.

For city driving, any filter will do.

Just pick the right one for your driving conditions.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
heard on radio today how a shortage on baby formula and basically everything is happening now. we put men on the moon at a time when lots of cars on the road didnt have a decent seat belt but in 2022 the nation is so dumb and crippled we cant even manage fertilizer for farming without outsourcing...

Last edited:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Since he used all purpose flour, it's similar to driving behind a vehicle kicking up so much dirt in the air.

Using K&N may not be a good idea unless you are in the lead and have a snorkel.

For city driving, any filter will do.

Just pick the right one for your driving conditions.
gotta love project farm, he really goes after the facts.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
gotta love project farm, he really goes after the facts.

It would have been nice if he explained WHY he used all purpose flour. Not everyone drives on dusty dirt roads.

I used to work in the oil fields. Most of the dirt roads is used so often that the sand/dirt is crushed to a fine powder. When an 18 wheeler/oil tanker uses the dirt road, so much dirt is kicked up...... you can't see anything if you are behind him. Your air filter needs to be changed at the end of the day. That's how bad it is.

Last edited:

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
It won’t? I’m no expert, but I’d bet you aren’t either?

There are people on both sides of the argument who swear by their particular point of view, just like those on the political spectrum. One thing I won’t do is let a fearful few cause me to panic… and besides that I have an extended warranty. I also plan on cleaning it more often, because I love my truck.

Anyways, good day to ya.
I’m retired now but the last 12 years of employment was at a turbo sales and repair shop. The wet K&N air filters were pretty synonymous with turbo thrust bearing failures. Also sliming up the compressor wheel, intercooler and throttle body. It was a standard question to ask customers what style of air filter they ran when reporting back to them about their turbo issues. We pretty much knew what the answer was going to be based on what we were seeing with the turbo. Obviously the longer they went between servicing them the worse it was. But even the customers who stayed on top of servicing them had issues. Our vehicle repair shop would put in whatever the customer wanted but recommended dry filters based on history. I personally ran a wet K&N on my 2004 Colorado 3.5 NA engine for a period. Even with proper servicing it was gumming up the throttle body. So posting my point of view based on experience.

wetidlerjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever ran a dry K&N filter? :sunglasses:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Just ordered a spare. Thanks Paul!!:like:
Yeah, and dog gone your time (that's southern for you messed it up for everybody). :) I just checked, and now those are out of stock.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah, and dog gone your time (that's southern for you messed it up for everybody). :) I just checked, and now those are out of stock.
When I ordered mine there were only 3 left. It's all Pauls @OrangeStreak fault he posted the link here instead of messaging me. ?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I have to replace my cabin air filter because a mouse ate through it. Local Ford dealership didnt' have any in stock and no ETA.
I use this one, works very well and pulls out exhaust odor as well.
Sponsored