First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Supercrew
Occupation
Contracting
For the few folks that either have the Australian under seat subwoofer Enclosure or have home brewed one. Can we confirm that the cubic ft of the box is approximately .6 cu ft? I just installed the box with an older kicker sub that requires .8cu ft min so I think I might need to add some polyfill as it isn't hitting hard at the moment without cranking the volume.
I contacted the Australian company and asked what the volume of the enclosure was. They responded quickly and said it was 10.5 liters. If the internet calculated correctly that equals .37 cubic feet.
Sponsored

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have the B&O setup & I tied into the rear wires behind the B pillars but after I had already cut the wires I realized they enter from the rear & not the front (I'm guessing it has something to do with the enhanced engine sound).

You could probably tie into the rear speakers by just removing the floor trim.....the attached pic is with the driver's side rear floor trim removed. I did not cut all the tape & trace it back so I would remove one of the B pillars & trace it back to verify this is true before cutting the wires.

Also....I originally used the rear speaker wires as input for the sub amp & had the fake engine sound in the sub. Last week I changed the sub inputs to the front speaker wires & I have not heard any fake engine sound in the sub since. In hindsight I wish I would have removed more of the carpet to see why the rear speaker wires enter from the rear.

I also attached the direct wire PDF if you don't have it. Page 4 has the speaker wire colors & polarity.....the speaker wires are also twisted together, makes it easier to find them.
IMG_20200130_141445.jpg
This was exactly what I was looking for. Just installed a JL Audio RD500/1 and spliced into the left and right rears on my 2020 non-b&o system based on this diagram. The color coding matched exactly. I only had to remove the one floor trim piece between the B and C pillar (the piece your rear passengers would step on to get into the truck). Super easy install!

Thanks!

WyoRanger

First Name
Kymbrill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX-4
Occupation
Automotive Retail
I had thought you could only use a 6" sub in that cuby hole. Now I learn that you can use up to a 10". I am going to have to break out one of my old school JL Audio 8w6s (1st gen) see if that will fit. Then an amp and I am set.

Kym

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had thought you could only use a 6" sub in that cuby hole. Now I learn that you can use up to a 10". I am going to have to break out one of my old school JL Audio 8w6s (1st gen) see if that will fit. Then an amp and I am set.

Kym
I don't think there's enough air space for a 8w6. I almost went the route of a custom install in that cubby space, but the budget would've been 6 times what I paid for my JL Audio 8" micro sub behind my seat. model #CP108LG-W3v3
A8413A75-6C65-445A-B8FE-9872A9D9B9D7.jpeg

j8k3dasnake

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Pest Tech
Hey guys, I'm needing a bit of help. I'm looking to do a small kicker hideaway in the rear floorboard but I'm running into issues and can't find a wiring diagram anywhere for it. I've got the 2019 Ranger STX.

gasmanjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 XLT FX4, '19 Beetle Final Edition
Occupation
Gas leak inspector
Hey guys, I'm needing a bit of help. I'm looking to do a small kicker hideaway in the rear floorboard but I'm running into issues and can't find a wiring diagram anywhere for it. I've got the 2019 Ranger STX.
I tapped into the rear speaker wires at the base of each b-pillar.
Screenshot_20200602-173121_Drive.jpg

j8k3dasnake

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Pest Tech
I tapped into the rear speaker wires at the base of each b-pillar.
Screenshot_20200602-173121_Drive.jpg
Thanks! After taking off the door panel to confirm my wiring at the speakers, one of my wires are white/brown and not brown/green. Is this an issue? Surely it doesn't change from the speaker input plug to the pillar? The Gray/violet seems to match though.

gasmanjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 XLT FX4, '19 Beetle Final Edition
Occupation
Gas leak inspector
Thanks! After taking off the door panel to confirm my wiring at the speakers, one of my wires are white/brown and not brown/green. Is this an issue? Surely it doesn't change from the speaker input plug to the pillar? The Gray/violet seems to match though.
Not sure about that one. Weird since they're both '19s. I'd check with a volt meter before I start snipping wires.

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
I don't think there's enough air space for a 8w6. I almost went the route of a custom install in that cubby space, but the budget would've been 6 times what I paid for my JL Audio 8" micro sub behind my seat. model #CP108LG-W3v3
A8413A75-6C65-445A-B8FE-9872A9D9B9D7.jpeg
I'm surprised that fits at 6.5" deep and 11.5" tall. I'm shopping for sub boxes now but can't find one I want to get without for sure knowing the amount of clearance in the back behind the seats. ?

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
I enjoy this setup a lot. Alpine swr-T10, Aussie fiberglass box, and Excelon x802-5. I also put in all alpine type R component speakers and sound deadening in the doors and back wall.

19721E48-3ACF-4ECE-B3F8-3D380592B963.jpeg

B763D064-4027-4C59-A70B-8E12E8A3A3AB.jpeg

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised that fits at 6.5" deep and 11.5" tall. I'm shopping for sub boxes now but can't find one I want to get without for sure knowing the amount of clearance in the back behind the seats. ?
Those aren't the dimensions per JL Audio site. https://www.jlaudio.com/collections...v3-car-audio-microsub-subwoofer-systems-93133

It is tight. I had to cut the carpet, padding because that was a big impact. I removed the jack as well as removing the 3 rubber bump stops on the rear seat. All in all, it fits with not a single mm to spare, but it sounds amazing!

Ranger720

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Retired Military
I read somewhere on this site that some have put rockford 8" powered sub in the back seat with no problems as well....I am tight on budget and I am getting the Focal IC Ford 165 put in with the kicker key amp to run the speakers, and looking at the rockford 8" powered sub as well as I do not want to install another amp as well for a sub

Bdubjax

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Supercrew Lariat FX4
Occupation
System administrator
So..... This thread has me wanting to drop a 10 into my truck, but, you all have me worried about the noise....lariat with the b&o, what do I tap into?

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
So..... This thread has me wanting to drop a 10 into my truck, but, you all have me worried about the noise....lariat with the b&o, what do I tap into?
The noise can be turned off now via forscan. They just figured it out recently.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Has anyone figured out if there's a way to upgrade the sub but use the factory B&O amp and wiring connection?
Sponsored