Aftermarket subwoofer

bzmotoninja83

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2014 Focus 2000 Explorer 1987 Goldwing
First I want to say thank you to everyone for input regarding hooking into the factory B&O system..........

Id like a few more pics of your rear center console. I have been thinking about making something similar in my super cab.
Sponsored

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm am looking at getting a new Ranger. I've heard the B&o system and i wasn't really impressed with it. I've tried to search for someone that has put a aftermarket sub in the crew cab but i haven't found that its been done. Has anybody put one in yet?
I just installed the kicker hideaway which fits perfect behind rear seat. Its a compact sub and amp combo which makes it a all in one unit.

no1warr1or

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Id like a few more pics of your rear center console. I have been thinking about making something similar in my super cab.
This is the only other picture I have of it. This was before the trim came in so it's a little rough looking still here.

I've already taken the box out and am experimenting with different enclosures and port tuning.

20211016_173542.jpg

4rd SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT, Ford Performance, Winter-Beaters
That box will fit if you cut out the carpet. I tired 3 different similar boxes and they all fit, one from alpine,, one from.kicker, and one from jl. I just didn't like the end result sound wise.
Curious-

Does this mean the JL setup is the best compared to Alpine & Kicker?

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
First I want to say thank you to everyone for input regarding hooking into the factory B&O system.

Secondly this build will not be everyone's taste, that's fine, but I built what I wanted and wanted to share, Im big into home audio and car audio.

I have a 2021 lariat. Im using the Zen Audio A2B processor connected to a prv DSP. Then I have 6 PRV 8" midrange on a prv 3500watt Amp. Then a skar skv2 200.4 running 4 titanium tweeters on channel 1&2 @ about 800rms, and a skar audio 8" ZVX8 on channels 3&4, also about 800rms. The center console is getting redone as im not happy with the output but for now this is what ive got

20211016_172637.jpg

20211016_172643.jpg

20211016_172718.jpg

20211021_143318.jpg

20211031_151852.jpg

20211031_151925.jpg
DAYUM! i bet that rocks

BuzKilington

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RANGER XLT
Occupation
IT
This is the only other picture I have of it. This was before the trim came in so it's a little rough looking still here.

I've already taken the box out and am experimenting with different enclosures and port tuning.

20211016_173542.jpg
Loving the set up brother, I have a 21 as well. Got everything set up just to realize They changed the pin out on the head unit harness. What are you using as a wire harness for it or did you cut the stock harness? Thanks

no1warr1or

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Loving the set up brother, I have a 21 as well. Got everything set up just to realize They changed the pin out on the head unit harness. What are you using as a wire harness for it or did you cut the stock harness? Thanks
Thanks :sunglasses: as far as wiring goes, The zen module plugs into the factory harnesses behind the drivers rear seat where the factory B&O Amp was. The only issue I had with the plug on the zen modules end was it was off center so I had to trim it to allow the factory plug to click in properly.

BuzKilington

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RANGER XLT
Occupation
IT
Thanks :sunglasses: as far as wiring goes, The zen module plugs into the factory harnesses behind the drivers rear seat where the factory B&O Amp was. The only issue I had with the plug on the zen modules end was it was off center so I had to trim it to allow the factory plug to click in properly.
Ahhh man, I don’t have the B&O I should have caught that. Iv been waiting for someone to come out with one. Thanks for the reply ?

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I added a little Kicker KXA 400.1 amp and 10" sub in the cubby hole with the box from Australia. The B&O amp is in-tact but I did also replace all the speakers with some Infinity Reference drivers as well as do some sound proofing.

I didn't want to go too crazy and have to replace the B&O amp and add the Zen and another 5-channel amp. The install was not too involved and the sound quality is much improved.
How did you hook the amp up to the system and keep the factory amp?

no1warr1or

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
How did you hook the amp up to the system and keep the factory amp?
What you would do when keeping the factory amp, is splice into the front door speaker channels coming out of the factory amp and run them into something like an audio control lc2i pro. From there you get full range RCA output to run into any Amps you want. Some amplifiers have high level inputs but the lc2i is a better option due to the accubass which corrects the low end frequencies that are toned back when the volume goes up.

deton8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2008 F150 Foose Edition, 2006 Pontiac GTO, 2004 Buell XB12S, 1995 Yamaha TW200
Vehicle Showcase
The Kicker KXA 400.1 amp I used does not need a LOC. I just used the high-level speaker wire that went to the factory sub. Many of the newer amps are able to do this and also have decent auto turn-on capabilities.

I ran the power wire through the big grommet on the driver's side. There's another one behind the glove box. I only used 8-gauge wire for this install. I'm running 1/0 on my F150 system and if I knew how much of a pain that ended up being, I would have just used 4-gauge.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
The Kicker KXA 400.1 amp I used does not need a LOC. I just used the high-level speaker wire that went to the factory sub. Many of the newer amps are able to do this and also have decent auto turn-on capabilities.

I ran the power wire through the big grommet on the driver's side. There's another one behind the glove box. I only used 8-gauge wire for this install. I'm running 1/0 on my F150 system and if I knew how much of a pain that ended up being, I would have just used 4-gauge.
Good deal. Seems like this should work then for a small amp.
https://www.kicker.com/key-5001-1-channel-smart-amplifier