Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I’m here, but don’t have the same setup as what everyone else is running.:like:

Kellan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger, 2008 Mustang GT
Thought I’d post mine. Sounds great. Very non intrusive. Pretty simple install. Need to redo the carpet on the sub.

FC90AED7-6A66-4B43-95D1-99CB27E98B92.jpeg

FB3403B8-FC7F-49F6-B817-065818CC760D.jpeg

6E14DC43-0736-4CB3-8AA2-A5A6C244A943.jpeg

7E05BDFD-8581-43AB-AD1A-1E4F002F38FB.jpeg
Very clean install!! How did you go about fitting/building the sub box to fit the contour of the storage area?

Kellan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve searched through some of the threads, but haven’t been able to see where exactly people are tapping into the existing speaker wires to connect a line-out converter for the non B&O system owners. Anyone have suggestions (which hopefully doesn’t involve popping off too much trimming...I hate breaking the freaking retaining clips lol) or better yet, some pictures??

rutherk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I’ve searched through some of the threads, but haven’t been able to see where exactly people are tapping into the existing speaker wires to connect a line-out converter for the non B&O system owners. Anyone have suggestions (which hopefully doesn’t involve popping off too much trimming...I hate breaking the freaking retaining clips lol) or better yet, some pictures??
What I did was buy an old broken subwoofer enclosure from eBay (I think it was from a Focus) that had the wiring harness, used some stinger speed wire to the speaker level in on the Audio Control amp. Used that to plug into the green B&O plug on the Ranger.

Kellan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What I did was buy an old broken subwoofer enclosure from eBay (I think it was from a Focus) that had the wiring harness, used some stinger speed wire to the speaker level in on the Audio Control amp. Used that to plug into the green B&O plug on the Ranger.
I’m guessing you have the B&O system in your truck? From my understanding the XLTs don’t have the wiring for the B&O amp/sub

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I used this info when I hooked up mine, Page 2 of this thread is the setup i have, but I used the picture and wiring from this thread to hook up my line converter. XLT trim.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/need-stereo-info.4174/#post-63225

Kellan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Thanks. That’s the first time I’ve come across that thread. Guess this will be my next project
I hooked mine up in no time using that info, works great, no feedback, no interference. Ran the power through passenger side grommet in firewall and bam no issues. I have a car seat in the back normally so i didn't care about the use of the cubbies under the seat so passenger side got the sub, and driver's side got the amp.

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I don't have the B&O setup & I tied into the rear wires behind the B pillars but after I had already cut the wires I realized they enter from the rear & not the front (I'm guessing it has something to do with the enhanced engine sound).

You could probably tie into the rear speakers by just removing the floor trim.....the attached pic is with the driver's side rear floor trim removed. I did not cut all the tape & trace it back so I would remove one of the B pillars & trace it back to verify this is true before cutting the wires.

Also....I originally used the rear speaker wires as input for the sub amp & had the fake engine sound in the sub. Last week I changed the sub inputs to the front speaker wires & I have not heard any fake engine sound in the sub since. In hindsight I wish I would have removed more of the carpet to see why the rear speaker wires enter from the rear.

I also attached the direct wire PDF if you don't have it. Page 4 has the speaker wire colors & polarity.....the speaker wires are also twisted together, makes it easier to find them.
IMG_20200130_141445.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments