Aftermarket subwoofer

Ronnie_B

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang GT
I'm am looking at getting a new Ranger. I've heard the B&o system and i wasn't really impressed with it. I've tried to search for someone that has put a aftermarket sub in the crew cab but i haven't found that its been done. Has anybody put one in yet?
Sponsored

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
That is nice, Rangerous. Would you be willing to post a link for the box and sub, please? I'd be willing to look into more detail on them.

Rangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
That is nice, Rangerous. Would you be willing to post a link for the box and sub, please? I'd be willing to look into more detail on them.
Box: https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/Sub-Enclosures-and-Grilles/UD-SW100T

Sub: https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Subwoofers/Shallow+Mount/TS-SW2502S4

Amp: https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Amplifiers/GM+Digital+Series/GM-D8704

That amp pairs up nicely with the sub with channel B bridged to 300w to match the sub rating. You then also have channel A left to power some nice components up front if you decide to replace stock speakers.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
Yes. 10 inch shallow mount pioneer sub is all i was able to fit using a shallow wedge box also built by pioneer. Some carpeting had to be cut behind the box. See below.
IMG_20190427_090921.jpg
IMG_20190427_091017.jpg
Looks like a great project. Did you change out any of your other speakers? If so, what did you use?

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Thank you Rangerous! That helps a lot in knowing what size box can fit behind the seat.

OP
OP

Ronnie_B

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang GT
Thanks for the info!

MO RANGER

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I'm am looking at getting a new Ranger. I've heard the B&o system and i wasn't really impressed with it. I've tried to search for someone that has put a aftermarket sub in the crew cab but i haven't found that its been done. Has anybody put one in yet?
I am having a sub fiberglassed in under the back seat next Saturday I will post pics once completely

me01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RANGER 2019 AU
Are you running this off the standard head unit? Anymore upgrades from this?

How is DSP working for with this change?

I turned DSP settings to driver the other day. Screw my passengers. I'm finding the top end very bitey in the ears all round.

Rangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Looks like a great project. Did you change out any of your other speakers? If so, what did you use?
Yes, swapped out the front speakers for some Polk DB+ 5.25 components. However I regret going with 5.25s since 6.5s would have fit as well.

Are you running this off the standard head unit? Anymore upgrades from this?

How is DSP working for with this change?

I turned DSP settings to driver the other day. Screw my passengers. I'm finding the top end very bitey in the ears all round.
Running off the standard sync3 system and tapping into the front speakers for a hi-level signal. Currently dealing with some very faint alternator whine noise coming from the speakers, probably a bad ground.

I turned off all dsp and sound-altering features for the install, including driver mode and compensation for road noise. When tuning an amp for max output and no clipping the last thing you want is the head unit messing with the signal. You want it as flat and unadultered as possible.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Interesting thread. I have been researching the B/O system and components all week as I have a Lariat SC for which of course it is not available. I think that all the parts/components are visible - I posted some pics in the HD Radio thread. Part number wise it seems that the 8 speaker (10 drivers not really 10 speakers) and the 6 speaker systems share the same head unit, but there is of course the amp for the sub and there are also acoustic inserts associated with all the speakers on the 8 speaker which I am fairly sure is the B/O. I have yet to find any manual associated with the B/O or details on the head unit(s). The Ford parts people are worthless for any detailed info and unless I had a VIN for a Lariat with the 501A I couldn't begin to get any kind of information - they referred me to Marketing. There are sub upgrades for F-150. If you search and get the audio system diagram (see attached) that it shows a layout with a sub, but if you search on the part no. for the speaker it returns that it will not fit you vehicle. Still looking for specifics on the head unit(s).
ScreenHunter_43 Jun. 19 11.30.jpg

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I can say it's very tight back there, I mounted a ham radio body back there to the holes where the factory amp would mount for the B&O. It still hits the seat, and I have the CrewCab.

Ranger #6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x2, 2012 MINI Cooper S, 2012 Toyota RAV4
Occupation
Aircraft Stress Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I can say it's very tight back there, I mounted a ham radio body back there to the holes where the factory amp would mount for the B&O. It still hits the seat, and I have the CrewCab.
Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu?
Sponsored