Aftermarket subwoofer

Wayne Kubeck

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Thought I’d post mine. Sounds great. Very non intrusive. Pretty simple install. Need to redo the carpet on the sub.

FC90AED7-6A66-4B43-95D1-99CB27E98B92.jpeg

FB3403B8-FC7F-49F6-B817-065818CC760D.jpeg

6E14DC43-0736-4CB3-8AA2-A5A6C244A943.jpeg

7E05BDFD-8581-43AB-AD1A-1E4F002F38FB.jpeg
Thinking about doing the same thing except on both sides. Quick question, what size woofer will fit? Also is the mounting board just attached to the to and using the space below as an enclosure?
Sponsored

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Thinking about doing the same thing except on both sides. Quick question, what size woofer will fit? Also is the mounting board just attached to the to and using the space below as an enclosure?
You won’t be able to on driver side, not enough room with fuel tank. I attached the MdF to the factory box on passenger side of mine. Used retro rubber for sealing it and the speaker jacks. I ran a 10” kenwood Excelon. Pictures on page 2 of that setup.

rutherk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Hi there! It’s fiberglass tub with MDF on top. Will fit a 10 inch. About .60 cubic feet so your options are pretty open. No need for super shallow sub. Unfortunately no space on the driver side.

Wayne Kubeck

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Hi there! It’s fiberglass tub with MDF on top. Will fit a 10 inch. About .60 cubic feet so your options are pretty open. No need for super shallow sub. Unfortunately no space on the driver side.
Thats awesome!! Did you do the fiberglass tub? I saw one on Ebay from Australia. I was thinking of using a Rockford Fosgate Shallow Mount Power series 10"...

Wayne Kubeck

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
You won’t be able to on driver side, not enough room with fuel tank. I attached the MdF to the factory box on passenger side of mine. Used retro rubber for sealing it and the speaker jacks. I ran a 10” kenwood Excelon. Pictures on page 2 of that setup.
Sweet I will check it out!! I was thinking of pulling the box, sound deaden and poly fill the space underneath and use. MDF with a woofer cut out and blast away!!

rutherk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Thats awesome!! Did you do the fiberglass tub? I saw one on Ebay from Australia. I was thinking of using a Rockford Fosgate Shallow Mount Power series 10"...
Yes sir! That’s the one. Super good deal. Buying the fiberglass and resin, brushes, etc, alone cost more than buying the enclosure pre built so I just bought that. Plus, working with fiberglass is such a smelly mess.

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Sweet I will check it out!! I was thinking of pulling the box, sound deaden and poly fill the space underneath and use. MDF with a woofer cut out and blast away!!
That is pretty much exactly what I did. I put a speaker output connector in the side of the factory cubby, sound deadening all around the cubby, and the cab under neath the cubby, and used the 3.4" MDF for the top plate, with sub cut out and routered edge then carpeted. mounted the amp in driver side cubby. I started by trying to build a full MDF enclosure but to get the spacing that I needed it was just easier to use the factory cubby. It honestly worked out great for it.

Wayne Kubeck

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
That is pretty much exactly what I did. I put a speaker output connector in the side of the factory cubby, sound deadening all around the cubby, and the cab under neath the cubby, and used the 3.4" MDF for the top plate, with sub cut out and routered edge then carpeted. mounted the amp in driver side cubby. I started by trying to build a full MDF enclosure but to get the spacing that I needed it was just easier to use the factory cubby. It honestly worked out great for it.
Perfect!! What do you think the cubic foot space would be?? I'm considering getting the 10" Rockford Fosgate Power series sub which requires under 1 cubic foot of space.

Wayne Kubeck

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Yes sir! That’s the one. Super good deal. Buying the fiberglass and resin, brushes, etc, alone cost more than buying the enclosure pre built so I just bought that. Plus, working with fiberglass is such a smelly mess.
That's great!! What size woofer does that enclosure fit?

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Perfect!! What do you think the cubic foot space would be?? I'm considering getting the 10" Rockford Fosgate Power series sub which requires under 1 cubic foot of space.
When i counted it out, albeit roughly since its irregular, I got .6 cu.ft.. which is exactly what the Kenwood excelon 10" slim required so I was happy.

Kellan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger, 2008 Mustang GT
Ok...need some help here with trim removal. This truck has been a nightmare compared to others as far as removing the trim goes without breaking the trim. On other vehicles I’ve had, normally the clip just breaks and it’s no big deal, just by a new clip. Anyways what is the secret to removing these clips in the picture? By the way the black piece was attached to the trim at one point, which is now broken
2DF1BE7E-32F4-446C-BC83-5854253E2BA6.jpeg
these are underneath the bottom door trim that goes over the top of the B-pillar trim and I have no idea how to release them.
F618847B-D585-4232-9D3D-7CE505545CFF.jpeg

rutherk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Ok...need some help here with trim removal. This truck has been a nightmare compared to others as far as removing the trim goes without breaking the trim. On other vehicles I’ve had, normally the clip just breaks and it’s no big deal, just by a new clip. Anyways what is the secret to removing these clips in the picture? By the way the black piece was attached to the trim at one point, which is now broken
2DF1BE7E-32F4-446C-BC83-5854253E2BA6.jpeg
these are underneath the bottom door trim that goes over the top of the B-pillar trim and I have no idea how to release them.
F618847B-D585-4232-9D3D-7CE505545CFF.jpeg
I’ve found this truck pretty simple to remove panels. I put my fingers under a panel and work my way towards where it seems like it’s snapped in and then just pull straight out. I’ve had them off and one a few times and haven’t lost or broken a clip. Just don’t force it and it will come out.

Kellan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger, 2008 Mustang GT
I’ve found this truck pretty simple to remove panels. I put my fingers under a panel and work my way towards where it seems like it’s snapped in and then just pull straight out. I’ve had them off and one a few times and haven’t lost or broken a clip. Just don’t force it and it will come out.
I’m on a loosing streak with this truck/trim trim. Been using panel removal tools and working my way around the trim as gently as I can, but this thing is kicking my a$$ lol. You’ve removed the floor trim (like in picture) and trim around the driver/passenger seatbelt with no issues?

rutherk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I’m on a loosing streak with this truck/trim trim. Been using panel removal tools and working my way around the trim as gently as I can, but this thing is kicking my a$$ lol. You’ve removed the floor trim (like in picture) and trim around the driver/passenger seatbelt with no issues?
That’s wild. Yeah no problems at all. Panel removers are not necessary.

I pulled back the rubber seal that goes around the door. That lets you get a couple fingers behind the panel by the drivers seat belt about mid way up on the front side. There is a metal clip that snaps in right by where you can put your fingers in. It takes some force but it will pop right off. I have found a quick tug works best.
Sponsored

Last edited: