After 2.5 years, I sent the Ranger packing...

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
20210215_143120.jpg

The day I brought it home..

20210305_140428.jpg

A week later, leveling kit and 32"s got installed.

20221016_175836.jpg

Last fall, in its prime. This was a fun trip.

20230519_175218.jpg

Last week, cleaned up and ready for trade in...

20230520_122319.jpg

...for this! 2023 Big Bend. Obviously a 2 door.. but it's also a 2.3 with the 10 speed. I took possession of it Monday, right around noon.

Now, a little more on the ranger before more on the bronco..

The Ranger was a FANTASTIC truck. Comfortable, capable, quick, and an all around enjoyable vehicle. I put just a hair over 40k miles on it during our time together.. and it's a 40k miles ill remember fondly.

I must have been one of the last people to get a DEAL on a new vehicle... purchased in Feb of '21. Sticker was a smidge over 36k.. I talked them down to 32k and got them to buy/install the leveling kit as part of the deal. Better deals have been had, yes... but I was more than happy recieving that much "off".

Cost of ownership for me was nice and low. My first 5 'works package' visits were free.. 4 from redeeming fordpass points.. and an extra because my (at the time) servicing dealer ran on a diet of borderline incompetence and total carelessness.

My first out-of-pocket service visit was around 30k miles. It was for the works package, as well as cabin filter, rear end fluid change, and t-case fluid change. Total cost for that visit was 312$. Changed the engine air filter myself at 25k miles for 25$, and then two more works packages for another 140$

>>Under 500$ in 2.5 years. If you were to follow ford's service schedule like the gospel instead of engaging in classic gear-head over-servicing like I did.. over that many miles... the cost of ownership would of only been mabey 60-70$ total (with fordpass points, of course)

Why ditch the Ranger?

The final nail in the coffin for the ranger was that my inspection sticker just ran out.. at the same time the driveshaft center bearing took a shit.. and parts to fix are INDEFINITELY backordered. Center bearings need to be tight and not make noise for a sticker up here.. so I was going to be left with a truck that was illegal to drive... indefinitely.

Took it all as justification to upgrade to a vehicle I've been drooling over for YEARS lol.

20230522_194227.jpg
20230522_195249.jpg

Not even 10 minutes after getting home I started swapping the stock wheels/tires out for the set I had on the truck.

275/65/18 grabber ATX's on +18 method wheels. They fit PERFECT! No rubbing the front bars at full lock like on the ranger either 🤗

A few hours after being home... I ordered myself a 2" lift and a flowmaster muffler delete. They'll be here tomorrow 😎 New BIGGER tires are next up... unsure about specifics yet.. 35s most likely.

The ONLY thing so far I miss about the ranger is its speakers. Even with my base ass XL stereo and speakers... that truck would 'bump'. The Bronco has little to no comprehension about the terms 'mid-range' or 'bass'. I listen to varying genres of metal for the most part.. and I VERY MUCH miss being able to FEEL the drums...Not even gonna bother trying to listen to any g-funk stuff in this.. that'd just be sad. Probably be the first time in my life I need to upgrade audio.

I VERY much like the power the Bronco has.. quite a bit MORE than the Ranger BTW... 275/315 on 87.. fill er up with 91 and it jumps to 300/325. Coupled with being a good bit lighter than the ranger.. this thing will spank!

I'm more than happy.

I'm not leaving though.... sorry 🤗
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blmpkn

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Congrats on the Bronco! Any other color available besides Blue???
Red Eye.gif

The dealer I went to did have another 2 door big bend.... but... it was bright ass red 🤢

I'm not the biggest fan of blue. Not in the least. It IS better than red though... and it is growing on me... looks AWESOME in the sun!

Pretty much took what I could get. I traveled 2 hours out of state to get this one.. there WAS a 2 door carbonized gray big bend right down the street from my work that I asked about a couple weeks ago.. but i was told as soon as it hit the lot it got sold to someone who was currently flying 4000 miles across country to drive it home. Wild.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Congrats on the Bronco! Any other color available besides Blue???
Red Eye.gif
:facepalm: Great! Now you know who is going to slobber all over this thread with a blue Bronco in it.

1685050157031.png

Fazzie01

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Nice Bronco! I really enjoy the base model speakers in the Ranger as well. I'm no audiophile, but they are clear and the bass is nice. I had a rental Rav 4 and the speakers always sounded like they were a mile away.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
:facepalm: Great! Now you know who is going to slobber all over this thread with a blue Bronco in it.

1685050157031.png
Heyyyy... I only look like that until I have coffee and a shower...

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
20210215_143120.jpg

20210305_140428.jpg

20221016_175836.jpg

20230519_175218.jpg

20230520_122319.jpg

...for this! 2023 Big Bend. Obviously a 2 door.. but it's also a 2.3 with the 10 speed. I took possession of it Monday, right around noon.

The Ranger was a FANTASTIC truck. Comfortable, capable, quick, and an all around enjoyable vehicle. I put just a hair over 40k miles on it during our time together.. and it's a 40k miles ill remember fondly.

I must have been one of the last people to get a DEAL on a new vehicle... purchased in Feb of '21. Sticker was a smidge over 36k.. I talked them down to 32k and got them to buy/install the leveling kit as part of the deal. Better deals have been had, yes... but I was more than happy recieving that much "off".

Cost of ownership for me was nice and low. My first 5 'works package' visits were free.. 4 from redeeming fordpass points.. and an extra because my (at the time) servicing dealer ran on a diet of borderline incompetence and total carelessness.

My first out-of-pocket service visit was around 30k miles. It was for the works package, as well as cabin filter, rear end fluid change, and t-case fluid change. Total cost for that visit was 312$. Changed the engine air filter myself at 25k miles for 25$, and then two more works packages for another 140$

>>Under 500$ in 2.5 years. If you were to follow ford's service schedule like the gospel instead of engaging in classic gear-head over-servicing like I did.. over that many miles... the cost of ownership would of only been mabey 60-70$ total (with fordpass points, of course)

Why ditch the Ranger?

The final nail in the coffin for the ranger was that my inspection sticker just ran out.. at the same time the driveshaft center bearing took a shit.. and parts to fix are INDEFINITELY backordered. Center bearings need to be tight and not make noise for a sticker up here.. so I was going to be left with a truck that was illegal to drive... indefinitely.

Took it all as justification to upgrade to a vehicle I've been drooling over for YEARS lol.

20230522_194227.jpg
20230522_195249.jpg

Not even 10 minutes after getting home I started swapping the stock wheels/tires out for the set I had on the truck.

275/65/18 grabber ATX's on +18 method wheels. They fit PERFECT! No rubbing the front bars at full lock like on the ranger either 🤗

A few hours after being home... I ordered myself a 2" lift and a flowmaster muffler delete. They'll be here tomorrow 😎 New BIGGER tires are next up... unsure about specifics yet.. 35s most likely.

The ONLY thing so far I miss about the ranger is its speakers. Even with my base ass XL stereo and speakers... that truck would 'bump'. The Bronco has little to no comprehension about the terms 'mid-range' or 'bass'. I listen to varying genres of metal for the most part.. and I VERY MUCH miss being able to FEEL the drums...Not even gonna bother trying to listen to any g-funk stuff in this.. that'd just be sad. Probably be the first time in my life I need to upgrade audio.

I VERY much like the power the Bronco has.. quite a bit MORE than the Ranger BTW... 275/315 on 87.. fill er up with 91 and it jumps to 300/325. Coupled with being a good bit lighter than the ranger.. this thing will spank!

I'm more than happy.

Congratulations!

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Sharp Bronco!

Interior pics please?

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
20210215_143120.jpg

20210305_140428.jpg

20221016_175836.jpg

20230519_175218.jpg

20230520_122319.jpg

Why ditch the Ranger?

20230522_194227.jpg
20230522_195249.jpg

I'm more than happy.

Mind if I ask how much you got for the Ranger on trade-in?
Sponsored