After 2.5 years, I sent the Ranger packing...

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Nice, but I am no Bronco fan, so I don't see it as an upgrade to a Ranger. Sure, it may outdo Ranger offroad, but can't carry loads like a Ranger. I'm not sure how it compares in towing, either.
Sponsored

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Shouldn't that exhaust tip extend out a little more to be legal? Maybe it's just an illusion.

OP
OP
Blmpkn

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Nice, but I am no Bronco fan, so I don't see it as an upgrade to a Ranger. Sure, it may outdo Ranger offroad, but can't carry loads like a Ranger. I'm not sure how it compares in towing, either.

2 door big bend has a payload of 1,243 lbs, and will tow 3500.

It's no racecar hauler like the ranger, no. It IS however more than capable enough in both areas for the vast majority of people.

Shouldn't that exhaust tip extend out a little more to be legal? Maybe it's just an illusion.

As with most things, depends on state.

It's definitely illegal here though.. so the name fits.. "Outlaw series" lol.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
The 2-door Broncos are too cool. Congrats @Blmpkn - I hope it treats you well!

I think the color is perfect, myself.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Muffler delete is indeed louder in cabin than it was on the Ranger, but.. like the ranger... really only during acceleration. At steady cruising speed you can't tell anything's been done to the exhaust.

I'm happy with it. I'm many years past the point in my life where I enjoyed having a deafening daily driver.. but a silent daily driver is no fun..

For 136$ shipped to my door, this was the perfect way to give the Bronco just the right amount of sass. 👍👍

Interior pictures will be coming soon!
Nice Bronco, Congrats! I got in on the last of the good deals, too. Ordered mine, in March 11, 2021, and it was delivered ready to drive, with heated seats, paint protection and tonneau cover installed on May 5th, 2021. Folks today aren't even getting a build date that soon!

OP
OP
Blmpkn

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Made and paid for an appointment to get rustproofed on June 18th.. guy in my town uses NHOU, figured I'd give him a shot due to proximity lol.

Www.nhoilundercoating.com

Wicked excited it's going to get gooped up before a single speck of salt lands on the thing.. havnt even taken it off road yet because I didn't want to fill all its cracks & crevices with filth before it gets proofed.. the cracks & crevices are always the first to go..

Also made an appointment to get my lift installed and 35"s fitted on June 16th 😎

Good golly am I excited 😊

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Made and paid for an appointment to get rustproofed on June 18th.. guy in my town uses NHOU, figured I'd give him a shot due to proximity lol.

Www.nhoilundercoating.com

Wicked excited it's going to get gooped up before a single speck of salt lands on the thing.. havnt even taken it off road yet because I didn't want to fill all its cracks & crevices with filth before it gets proofed.. the cracks & crevices are always the first to go..

Also made an appointment to get my lift installed and 35"s fitted on June 16th 😎

Good golly am I excited 😊
Don't you wait until close to winter to have that done? Maybe it is close in Maine?

I had it done in mid Nov one year an I got a check engine light from the vent valve thingy above the gas tank. I haven't had it done since. Last two winters haven't been that bad luckily.

OP
OP
Blmpkn

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Don't you wait until close to winter to have that done? Maybe it is close in Maine?

I had it done in mid Nov one year an I got a check engine light from the vent valve thingy above the gas tank. I haven't had it done since. Last two winters haven't been that bad luckily.
Just being proactive. The longer you wait to make an appointment.. the longer the waiting list gets. The dudes only 2 weeks out right now.. but by the middle of August he'll be booked solid through the end of the year.

It's not just during winter that being rust proofed is a virtue either.. depending where you live/what roads you drive on/where you park.

Good example.. something like 65% of maine is a working forest. I'm relatively sure there are more dirt logging roads in the state than paved roads lol.. anyways.. lots of good exploring in logging country.. and also lots of dust.

To help keep the dust down.. the paper companies soak the road with none other than CALCIUM CHLORIDE lol..

..So it's not just during a February snowstorm that your vehicle can get blasted with rust accelerants.. but also during a 80 degree day in July 40 miles from the closest telephone pole on your way to slay some trout out of potato pond.

I also live close enough to the coast to occasionally smell it.. so the air is salty, It's always as humid as the inside of a pair of gym shorts, and my driveway is dirt.

I've seen 3 year old trucks up here get fender flares put on to hide rust for a sticker lol.. Maine is hell on vehicles.

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Maine checks your driveshaft? What the hell is that? Must be like a 100 cars on the road up there!
West Virginias inspection, is a damn money grab for the state police as the 10 or 12 dollars they get from each one goes into the equipment fund for them. Garages around here usually pull you in and say blow the horn turn on the lights. let me see your insurance card, here's your sticker. Its not worth their time and lost income when an oil change will bring in 3 times the money a sticker does.

I'm considering a bronco, GF likes them and hopefully next year when I'm in the market I can actually get one and a normal price as well.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm considering a bronco
Same here. I went to the dealership Saturday to check them out. All the ones on the lot were sold so I couldn't drive anything. I haven't been doing any "truck stuff" in a while. I have been using the back seat a lot more than I expected. They offered me close to what I paid for the ranger in trade if I order one an I can get A plan. I may just order it an if I change my mind I can not pick it up. They will sell it in a day. My ranger is tuned an pretty fun to drive. I know the powertrain is the same but they seem slower. Options add up quickly so a V6 is desired but pushes it out of budget (self imposed).

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
20230624_141154.jpg

2" lift and 35"s got Installed...

Averaging 21 mpg 🙂

2 better than I was getting in the ranger with much lighter 32"s....
Did you install the lift yourself? If so how involved was it?

I have no idea when the one I ordered will come in. I'm still not sure if I'll actually buy it. They didn't have any to test drive! every one coming is has a deposit on it.

OP
OP
Blmpkn

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
That beautiful Bronco looks like a lot of fun! :)

It's a hoot! I'd buy 2 more if I could 🙂

Did you install the lift yourself? If so how involved was it?

I have no idea when the one I ordered will come in. I'm still not sure if I'll actually buy it. They didn't have any to test drive! every one coming is has a deposit on it.

I did not. I'm to the point where I just pay for most work on my daily... I have enough project vehicles that I spend my wrenching on lol.

As for involvement goes.. doing the front is effectively the same as on a ranger.. and pretty much the same out back too. Probably easier in the rear since there's no CV's or axle nuts to worry about.. just unbolt the top of the struts and let the axle hang.

I wouldn't stress about no test drives personally.. I havnt been in a more-door but the 2 doors ride SWEET. My fiance thinks it's comfier than the ranger was.. definitely feels like there's more side to side room on the interior.. noticably more wind noise naturally but not overbearing..

My only real complaint is with its sound system.. mostly the speakers. Not nearly enough lows or mids. That's easy enough (and cheap enough) to remedy though.
Sponsored