First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Probably will mockup using pvc then take to an aluminum welding shop for a permanent mod. Looks like mounting is straight forward as demonstrated by guys here. ?
Tubes are stainless steel, fyi.
Sponsored

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
What materials did you use for the splice? Looks nice.
1.5" black and pipe and gorilla glue. Honestly speaking, it looks much worse close up! I cut the abs a bit short. They should have been closer to 13.5" long to look right. Its much stronger than you think and for what I'm going to be using it for, well, I know it'll hold up just fine.

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Can anyone confirm the thread size for the bed extender pivot fasteners going into the truck? Mine has spray in bed liner material in the female/truck end and I'm trying not to destroy the threads by experimenting. Thanks.

Legalkill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 Sport, 1994 XLT, 1979 F-100
Can anyone confirm the thread size for the bed extender pivot fasteners going into the truck? Mine has spray in bed liner material in the female/truck end and I'm trying not to destroy the threads by experimenting. Thanks.
I was in the same boat when I was attaching D-rings in those holes. I did use M6x20 for my 19 ranger at least in the top one.

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
M6. The longer the better on the thread. You'll need the length to accommodate for washers/spacer/bedliner and still have enough to thread into the threaded insert. I could pull and measure mine if required, but I'd guess 30mm.

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
M6. The longer the better on the thread. You'll need the length to accommodate for washers/spacer/bedliner and still have enough to thread into the threaded insert. I could pull and measure mine if required, but I'd guess 30mm.
Thank you. Don't pull yours, but thanks for the offer.

Last edited:

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Never had a Sport Trac, but they had their appeal. I hadn't thought of a bed extender until I saw this topic; now I like the idea after seeing your pics. Unfortunately the only ST bed extenders on eBay or Craigslist are at $175 minimum, and almost $300!

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Never had a Sport Trac, but they had their appeal. I hadn't thought of a bed extender until I saw this topic; now I like the idea after seeing your pics. Unfortunately the only ST bed extenders on eBay or Craigslist are at $175 minimum, and almost $300!
Ya, I'm pretty sure I stole mine!

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I sold mine in 14 for $125

OP
OP

Dean

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1988 Merkur Scorpio, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer
It's been a while since I reviewed this thread. Happy to see others have managed the swap.

My original setup is holding up. But I think I'm going to redo this at some point with metal parts for better durability.

...and if I ever come across some stainless tubing of the right size at the right price I will fire up the MIG and connect the two halfs the proper way.