First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Haha i kinda feel this. If i had money to burn id have gotten a r34 skyline and the a project truck for my adventure/chores needs. Since im poor i had to split the difference haha.
Oh man, r34 skylines.... ? the Ranger fits perfect for the spirited driver with certain wants and needs at an affordable price too! One day we will get our dream vehicles, for now the Ranger is absolutely wonderful. ?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I think the hate for it is due to objective reasons like the price vs reliability and the price inflation. No brand loyalty here other than me loving a well built truck. If I had 70K to spend on a vehicle I wouldn’t even be here nor would I spend it on the TRX. I would buy a $50k sports/performance car and save $20k for mods but that’s just me :)
I'd probably buy a base model Ranger, then figure out how those guys from YT implanted the V8 motor.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Let's see.

$140k? Huh?

I'd take my Ranger and a 718 Caymen 4.0 GTS

HD-wallpaper-2020-porsche-718-cayman-gts-4-color-phyton-green-front-three-quarter-car.jpg

And about $13k into my Jeep.

A six pack

And a cigar
You got your $140k figured out, I like your plans. Second that. ?

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
if you are going to charge that much for a off road truck the damn thing better be able to run the baja 1000 and come with a pit crew
It comes stock with a tailgate damper though !

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
i did a build and price (cdn $), checked every box, so this is as loaded as you can get. way too much still, i'd rather get a Corvette
so 140K USD is like a million dollars Canadian and that's too much for a crap truck

1632305480593.png
Wow. That must of been interesting to see you tack on every little thing. I sort of want to mess around and see that too.

Corvette + 80k to do whatever the hell you want to the car or life seems way better.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Lol, you mis-spelled 'damper.'

ranger4x

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 301a
Not sure what the hate is for the trx, or the brand dodge ram whatever they wanna call themselves….. that thing is badass. Brand loyalty is weird to me, but whatever. I Seen a few of these in person and they look sweet. Their interior looks well designed as far as functionality goes, the electronics seem cool. They have different modes. It puts out over 750hp. Honestly, if i could afford this at msrp id get this over the ranger. The only reason id go ranger over this is because of size, which is actually why i didnt go with a tundra lol. Not sure on their reliability but if you’re able to afford a 80k vehicle I highly doubt reliability is top of the list.

-imo
I'm actually not brand loyal at all. In the past 15 years have owned 3 Fords, 2 Toyotas, 2 Rams, 1 Lexus, 1 Nissan, 2 Subarus, 1 Saab, 3 Infinitis. The Rams were a 1500 and a 2500. Yes, I have a VERY patient wife.

Way too many trips to dealer service on those two. Both were 2016 models, 2500 was a Laramie Cummins, 1500 was an Express base truck. One was personal and the other was my business truck. Only had the 2500 for 8k miles before offing it. Had the 1500 for 112k miles before selling it. The powertrains in both were great, it is everything else that falls apart. Power window motors, fuel sending units, infotainment screens, interior trim.

Between poor quality and terrible service I wouldn't buy another Ram. Which is too bad because I actually love the way their current 1500 looks.