Haven't seen this one

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I have been having issues with my trailer light plugs. Dealer has fixed it once and the problem remains (corrosion in the module and wiring). Last time it was in I picked it up and my parking assist is not working. I called the dealer immediately on this new issue and they said they will look at it when I bring it back to have the new modules and wiring put in place. I now get an error message to check parking assist and the button to turn it on or off down on the center counsel is continuously lit. I press it and nothing changes. I think it is still working as I do get warning buzzers should I get close to something.

I figure these two issues are related (towing module and this parking assist issue).

Here is the weird one. When I first turn on the vehicle, in the center display I get a picture or the truck from above and on the roof there is a red circle with an exclamation point on it (I think it is an exclamation point). I also had issues with the GPS this weekend where it didn't know where I was, had me travelling off road (way off road), and all sorts of crazy stuff. It would correct itself eventually but would happen all over again when the vehicle was turned off and on. What the heck is this. Could it also be related to whatever the dealer did to the truck when it was in for service on the trailer towing module? And what the heck is this icon even called?

Thank you for the help. Sincerely appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Thank you. I’ll go try a soft reset. I’ll also be holding the dealership responsible for the parking aid issue. It was there. When I picked up the truck and wasn’t there when I dropped it off.

Reactions: Doc