Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Hello all,

A lovely ad showed up on my Facebook. New Dodge Ram TRX. $140K. Sorry that’s like off-roading a Lamborghini and then when you break something they charge you 5-20 grand.. oh.. scratched up your wheel? That’ll be a $2000 wheel. UCA broke? That’ll be $2500. You get the point. I rather get a ranger and beat the hell out of it. Heck, even 5 rangers stock would be more fun to off-road than one $140k truck you are afraid to scratch or take up hells revenge. I would not off-road this, a pretty fast mall crawler though.
6D82F061-7398-479F-9EA3-DB511CE124EF.png
Sponsored

ranger4x

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 301a
Much like the majority of Raptors these will never see off road, they will look pretty driving down the road, until the electronics give out. Hard pass for me. That's a couple rental properties in different parts of the country. I'll drive my Ranger, thank you very much.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
They are not $140,000 trucks.

That is the what the dealer is asking for it due to limited supply. Some bro-trucker with a bunch of money to burn will buy it, or his trust fund baby son will buy it.

The MSRP is $70,000.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
They are not $140,000 trucks.

That is the what the dealer is asking for it due to limited supply. Some bro-trucker with a bunch of money to burn will buy it, or his trust fund baby son will buy it.

The MSRP is $70,000.
Yeah I had a feeling it was very inflated for your exact people you stated. I thought they were $100k trucks but 100% fake inflation is terrible.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Brandon, You might just get yourself banned for posting a Ram on here! :shock:

As far as your question, Ranger of course! ?
When ya post a Ram, ya get rammed ?

Haha, agreed Dave. Give me five Rangers or 3 rangers and enough money to mod them all purpose built :D

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I had a feeling it was very inflated for your exact people you stated. I thought they were $100k trucks but 100% fake inflation is terrible.

Sadly it is nothing new to dealerships. I remember reading an article about a Kia dealership having an absurd markup on Tellurides due to scarcity at the time. This is a regular SUV, not a top tier limited production run. Well apparently KIA got word and sent them a strongly worded message and slapped their pee-pee.

I doubt that sort of action happens on the rare limited run stuff though.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
When ya post a Ram, ya get rammed ?

Haha, agreed Dave. Give me five Rangers or 3 rangers and enough money to mod them all purpose built :D
Only problem with you having 3 Rangers is it'll cost you a fortune in stickers! Better off sticking to just one for now. ?

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Sadly it is nothing new to dealerships. I remember reading an article about a Kia dealership having an absurd markup on Tellurides due to scarcity at the time. This is a regular SUV, not a top tier limited production run. Well apparently KIA got word and sent them a strongly worded message and slapped their pee-pee.

I doubt that sort of action happens on the rare limited run stuff though.
Honestly, good on Kia to slap them a bit. Hah, agreed it probably wouldn’t happen here. Dodge is probably envying that people would buy their vehicles at 100% inflation and regarding it to their prowess.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Not sure what the hate is for the trx, or the brand dodge ram whatever they wanna call themselves….. that thing is badass. Brand loyalty is weird to me, but whatever. I Seen a few of these in person and they look sweet. Their interior looks well designed as far as functionality goes, the electronics seem cool. They have different modes. It puts out over 750hp. Honestly, if i could afford this at msrp id get this over the ranger. The only reason id go ranger over this is because of size, which is actually why i didnt go with a tundra lol. Not sure on their reliability but if you’re able to afford a 80k vehicle I highly doubt reliability is top of the list.

-imo

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Not sure what the hate is for the trx, or the brand dodge ram whatever they wanna call themselves….. that thing is badass. Brand loyalty is weird to me, but whatever. I Seen a few of these in person and they look sweet. Their interior looks well designed as far as functionality goes, the electronics seem cool. They have different modes. It puts out over 750hp. Honestly, if i could afford this at msrp id get this over the ranger. The only reason id go ranger over this is because of size, which is actually why i didnt go with a tundra lol. Not sure on their reliability but if you’re able to afford a 80k vehicle I highly doubt reliability is top of the list.

-imo
When we were at Mecum this March they had two of them there giving rides on a short course. They are impressive and the interior wasn't all that bad. It was a short course but you could feel the hp/tq and it pulled hard.

IMG_3742.jpg

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student

-imo
I think the hate for it is due to objective reasons like the price vs reliability and the price inflation. No brand loyalty here other than me loving a well built truck. If I had 70K to spend on a vehicle I wouldn’t even be here nor would I spend it on the TRX. I would buy a $50k sports/performance car and save $20k for mods but that’s just me :)

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
I think the hate for it is due to objective reasons like the price vs reliability and the price inflation. No brand loyalty here other than me loving a well built truck. If I had 70K to spend on a vehicle I wouldn’t even be here nor would I spend it on the TRX. I would buy a $50k sports/performance car and save $20k for mods but that’s just me :)
Haha i kinda feel this. If i had money to burn id have gotten a r34 skyline and the a project truck for my adventure/chores needs. Since im poor i had to split the difference haha.
Sponsored