brendankelly

First Name
brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone - first post. Finally got to work on my Magnetic 2019 Lariat CC FX4. My main reason for posting on here is that I haven't seen anyone do this yet, so I though I'd share. I purchased a set of 5 wheels and tires off a 2021 Bronco Badlands and just installed them. The tire specs are 285/70/17 and the wheel offset is +55, the same as my factory 18"s. I needed a level to clear the rubber, and I don't do enough heavy off-roading to justify buying a coil kit, so I cheaped out and went with a spacer setup. The 3" level I purchased is from fordrangerlifts.com and the quality is fantastic. The customer service is phenomenal as well; I got a response to my text in all of 200 seconds. Well worth the extra $100 over RC. I think it looks awesome and it definitely drives great. Favorite part - zero cutting or rubbing. Only removed the air dam which I probably didn't even need to do. Crash bars are here to stay.

Respond if you want any more pictures. Took some beauty shots today.

tkfc.PNG
tkrc.PNG
Sponsored

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Nice score! Those might be the nicest rims I have seen on a Ranger.

Btw there are many benefits to coilovers vs spacers than just heavy off roading.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Hey everyone - first post. Finally got to work on my Magnetic 2019 Lariat CC FX4. My main reason for posting on here is that I haven't seen anyone do this yet, so I though I'd share. I purchased a set of 5 wheels and tires off a 2021 Bronco Badlands and just installed them. The tire specs are 285/70/17 and the wheel offset is +55, the same as my factory 18"s. I needed a level to clear the rubber, and I don't do enough heavy off-roading to justify buying a coil kit, so I cheaped out and went with a spacer setup. The 3" level I purchased is from fordrangerlifts.com and the quality is fantastic. The customer service is phenomenal as well; I got a response to my text in all of 200 seconds. Well worth the extra $100 over RC. I think it looks awesome and it definitely drives great. Favorite part - zero cutting or rubbing. Only removed the air dam which I probably didn't even need to do. Crash bars are here to stay.

tkfc.PNG
tkrc.PNG
That looks badass!

OP
OP
brendankelly

brendankelly

First Name
brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase

Btw there are many benefits to coilovers vs spacers than just heavy off roading.
Thank you! I'm sure there are. I will most likely make the upgrade in the future

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather

tkfc.PNG
tkrc.PNG
those look sweet on the ranger! I want a set too

mikejay68

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Lariat, Eibach, KO2 33", Bronco rims
Occupation
sales
The rims match the truck perfectly. I have been looking to replace my stock Lariat for weeks now as my stock tires wear out.

How did you fit 33s without removing the crash bars??? do you have any close up pictures?

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
The rims match the truck perfectly. I have been looking to replace my stock Lariat for weeks now as my stock tires wear out.

How did you fit 33s without removing the crash bars??? do you have any close up pictures?
They lifted the front and the wheels have a specific offset.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
How close to the spindle are those tires?

mikejay68

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Lariat, Eibach, KO2 33", Bronco rims
Occupation
sales

I have now have spacers and the steering and control is now choppy, would the coil overs make a difference? I'll do them in a second. I don't off road much but if the whole Eibach suspension you have noticeably improves ride and control. Sorry to be such a nube.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Great looking Ranger Brendan!!! I too like those rims. What tires are those?

Thanks,

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
Yep. They are available everywhere it seems. I picked up a set off CList for use in NC and going for a more street friendly setup when the Hankooks wear out, which is very soon. 17 inch steel rims w/ grabbers 265/70r17. Plastidipped the bronco.

FD8BC73B-A174-40E4-B353-1B879973C3B6.jpeg

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
Here are my 32s - also takeoffs. got all 5 with TPMS (so also still balanced) for $500. brand new. They are 32s, so an inch or so lift vs the stocks. No spacers, no rub. They are skinnier 255 tires (same as non FX4 4x4s)

IMG_6373.jpg

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
I have now have spacers and the steering and control is now choppy, would the coil overs make a difference? I'll do them in a second. I don't off road much but if the whole Eibach suspension you have noticeably improves ride and control. Sorry to be such a nube.
A vast improvement over oem fx4 shocks on ride handling. Firm, no more wallowing or brake dive. Handles road imperfections smoothly, off road as well. I have 16k miles on my Eibach 2.0 along with Icon UCA and very happy that I went this route.
Sponsored