Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT sport 4x4
Occupation
Auto damage inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, not really the one to post but I did a lot of reading on these forums when deciding which tire/wheel setup to go with so here’s mine.

Readylift SST 3” front / 1” rear lift kit
Readylift high clearance intrusion bars
Fuel covert 17x8.5 +12
Ridge grapplers 285/70

Let me know if you have any questions.

9D9FA3D4-8A1D-454F-A13D-97AF35A9E98E.jpeg

96EA886A-AEFF-4787-8600-FF9A42117BF9.jpeg

7BDB9483-001B-45B1-A1A3-8F891A79AEE4.jpeg

0ABF6013-DD7B-49EE-89A8-36DE7A39FABF.jpeg

28D3A82F-E471-4C27-8EA5-91065F100585.jpeg
Looks real sharp ???
Sponsored

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
When you change tire size you need to reset your trip meter and start a GPS app on your phone when you start a new trip . This will display MPH and keep track of total distance traveled . Compare that to you odometer reading . I went up 2 sizes and MPH were off 3-4 at 60 MPH and total distance traveled was off significantly , although I can't remember exactly by how much right now . I used Forscan to enter the circumference of the new tires in mm and it was close . It took two more trips to dial it in . You need to test your GPS app in another vehicle to be sure it is within margin of error also . I use an app called simply "Speedometer" and it works good .

I haven't been on a trip longer than 20 miles or so at a time and have done nothing much more than stop and go traffic since but my MPG sucks . It shows 16.3 on the display but by calculation it has been in the high 12 to 13 mpg range since . :shock: I haven't looked it up but I would assume there is a way to calibrate the dash display to get it more accurate .

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
When you change tire size you need to reset your trip meter and start a GPS app on your phone when you start a new trip . This will display MPH and keep track of total distance traveled . Compare that to you odometer reading . I went up 2 sizes and MPH were off 3-4 at 60 MPH and total distance traveled was off significantly , although I can't remember exactly by how much right now . I used Forscan to enter the circumference of the new tires in mm and it was close . It took two more trips to dial it in . You need to test your GPS app in another vehicle to be sure it is within margin of error also . I use an app called simply "Speedometer" and it works good .

I haven't been on a trip longer than 20 miles or so at a time and have done nothing much more than stop and go traffic since but my MPG sucks . It shows 16.3 on the display but by calculation it has been in the high 12 to 13 mpg range since . :shock: I haven't looked it up but I would assume there is a way to calibrate the dash display to get it more accurate .
There is. I used the tuner I bought from Livernois. The specs on the tires said 657 revolutions per mile. This was way off. I kept bumping it up until it was pretty much on at 280.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
There is. I used the tuner I bought from Livernois. The specs on the tires said 657 revolutions per mile. This was way off. I kept bumping it up until it was pretty much on at 280.
Are you referring to the speedometer calibration or the estimated MPG display ? I've adjusted the speed to match GPS perfectly but I need to see what can be done about the estimated MPG .

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Are you referring to the speedometer calibration or the estimated MPG display ? I've adjusted the speed to match GPS perfectly but I need to see what can be done about the estimated MPG .
I matched the speedometer to the gps on my phone. Once I knew the MPH was accurate I hand calculated a few tanks of gas an verified the MPG was right.

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Cactus, 2018 R8+ Suzuka Grey Metallic
Occupation
Software
Hey guys, not really the one to post but I did a lot of reading on these forums when deciding which tire/wheel setup to go with so here’s mine.

Readylift SST 3” front / 1” rear lift kit
Readylift high clearance intrusion bars
Fuel covert 17x8.5 +12
Ridge grapplers 285/70

Let me know if you have any questions.

9D9FA3D4-8A1D-454F-A13D-97AF35A9E98E.jpeg
Notice any vibrations or grind in 4wd going up 3" Seems like its a mixed bag of ppl saying to drop the diff with a kit from Peak or BDS but also see/ hear of plenty 3" kits and ppl having no issues. I get the prolonged wear part, just a given of going up. Any plans to do uca's? Have the same truck and about to go up 3", looks sharp! Had those same wheels on my last truck too.

OP
OP
Mshelton1995

Mshelton1995

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Notice any vibrations or grind in 4wd going up 3" Seems like its a mixed bag of ppl saying to drop the diff with a kit from Peak or BDS but also see/ hear of plenty 3" kits and ppl having no issues. I get the prolonged wear part, just a given of going up. Any plans to do uca's? Have the same truck and about to go up 3", looks sharp! Had those same wheels on my last truck too.
Thanks man. Haven’t noticed vibrations but it does feel different when I turn all the way in 4wd vs 2wd. There is absolutely no rubbing though so Idk what it is. I do plan to do UCA’s soon. Enjoy going up 3”, I think 3-3.5 is perfect for this truck

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Cactus, 2018 R8+ Suzuka Grey Metallic
Occupation
Software
Thanks man. Haven’t noticed vibrations but it does feel different when I turn all the way in 4wd vs 2wd. There is absolutely no rubbing though so Idk what it is. I do plan to do UCA’s soon. Enjoy going up 3”, I think 3-3.5 is perfect for this truck
Cool thanks for the details. I got the diff drop parts just in case but was curious of some real world experience since my setup will be super close to yours.
Sponsored