First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Maybe you’re right? I’ve just always looked for beading as a sign it’s repelling water.

I don’t have time to dry it (it’s going to rain anyway), so I’ll just take it out as it is and see what happens. I hope you’re right and I'm wrong here, because im just about overspending my weekends trying to get along lasting result, if it’s not coming due to rain/humidity.

Thanks again.
Mine does the same in certain areas but not the whole truck. I did do 2 coats and used a cross hatch pattern while applying it. Chris is right that everyone gets hung up on "water beading" but you're looking for it to shed water so it doesn't spot. The Graphene has hydrophobic properties which is basically saying it sheds water which it looks to be doing.

Now it's possible you got a bad batch (I doubt it) or put it on to lightly or maybe didn't shake it good enough. You just had a years worth of our rain in one week so I wouldn't worry to much. Mine was done 54 weeks ago and while the windows still bead up nice most of the truck doesn't but there isn't one water spot or dull area on it either.
Sponsored

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
It seems to have dried off ok in the wind, while we were out. Still a few spots, but I’ll give it that, it does look ok for a truck that wash quickly washed and then driven without drying off. I’ll leave it for a week, try and get a second coat on and see what happens.

One thing you mentioned but, I don’t remember shaking the bottle. Was that a mistake?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It seems to have dried off ok in the wind, while we were out. Still a few spots, but I’ll give it that, it does look ok for a truck that wash quickly washed and then driven without drying off. I’ll leave it for a week, try and get a second coat on and see what happens.

One thing you mentioned but, I don’t remember shaking the bottle. Was that a mistake?
Yes! It's the first thing the direction say to do. lol The Graphene settles very easy and should be shaken good at first then lightly throughout the application. That might be it right there as everything was settled and didn't mix well.

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
Yes! It's the first thing the direction say to do. lol The Graphene settles very easy and should be shaken good at first then lightly throughout the application. That might be it right there as everything was settled and didn't mix well.
Phew, lucky the shit’s not expensive or anything ?

I’ll try again next week. Then do the wheels again. FML.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Ok you guys really suck, I have a 2021 rapid red lariat with black appearance package. Got it May 1st. I’ve washed a handful of times no wax to let the paint cure hard so no out gassing when I want to condition the paint. Well I’m a little overdue and now I have to do it after reading this… Again you guys suck… I ain’t gonna clay bar anything just a great wash and dry with a tack rag finish… anything else I should be aware of?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ok you guys really suck, I have a 2021 rapid red lariat with black appearance package. Got it May 1st. I’ve washed a handful of times no wax to let the paint cure hard so no out gassing when I want to condition the paint. Well I’m a little overdue and now I have to do it after reading this… Again you guys suck… I ain’t gonna clay bar anything just a great wash and dry with a tack rag finish… anything else I should be aware of?
If you're not going to do any paint prep just make sure it's nice and clean. If you're using the Graphene just read my first post on how to apply it, it's super easy and fast to do. With red you really want to keep a good coat of Graphene (or wax) on there or it'll oxidize easy.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
If you're not going to do any paint prep just make sure it's nice and clean. If you're using the Graphene just read my first post on how to apply it, it's super easy and fast to do. With red you really want to keep a good coat of Graphene (or wax) on there or it'll oxidize easy.
Dave’s spot on - red can oxidize badly - I had a red ‘73 Roadrunner that drove me nuts with oxidization - lived in Alberta and 300+ days of sunshine a year and parking outdoors didn’t help.

I went to great lengths to keep my red 2001 Ranger looking good because I didn’t want to relive that nightmare. I kept it garaged and waxed it often (pre-graphene days). Dave knows sun damage - be like Dave. ?

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Dave’s spot on - red can oxidize badly - I had a red ‘73 Roadrunner that drove me nuts with oxidization - lived in Alberta and 300+ days of sunshine a year and parking outdoors didn’t help.

I went to great lengths to keep my red 2001 Ranger looking good because I didn’t want to relive that nightmare. I kept it garaged and waxed it often (pre-graphene days). Dave knows sun damage - be like Dave. ?
Be like Dave!!! That’s certainly a loaded statement!! This is my first red vehicle so thanks for the tips… BTW yeah I have the damper because of be like…oh never mind ?

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
So, I was pretty agitated about the result today, along with the not shaking thing. So I figured stuff it, and gave it another coat.

This time I shook the bottle. Vigorously. I also applied a little more than the first time and gave it a little longer before buffing off.

To the eye, looks about the same. I guess the proof will be after the next week of rain we’re forecast. At least it stopped long enough for a quick few pics.

71598CD8-D04A-4440-9DB1-0405DB063CDC.jpeg
A8C0A7DD-6E8D-4A43-95CE-EFCB1D0E18B2.jpeg
7E6E3C9D-78CF-4E93-8FC3-101CB6147182.jpeg
9618696F-3446-4C9B-A4E9-A39191F6F4CF.jpeg
6188F6A6-CFE8-4E57-B219-0DB35852225A.jpeg
8569B0A3-3FE3-4593-AF10-2E298AE0143F.jpeg

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Well my wife asked me about an Xmas present, I said we supply the materials to the detailers and let them do it… very reputable, they detail all of cop cars here and I have used them before. A little pricey but an excellent job in the past, just need the materials…

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Just put a quick coat on the truck this morning. Wanted a fresh coat before winter.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Ok, you talked me into it, plus its a good gift for my Son. I got the Gyeon Prep too.
We will put it to the test this Spring.
All I've been using on my Ranger is a Carnuba wax with a pre-cleaner polish and I've notice water doesn't bead for very long.

I bought mine here.

https://www.detailedimage.com

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Anyone know what the lowest temperature that it can be applied is?
I've been searching but still haven't found it. Temps are in the 30s and 40s here and I want to make sure to apply correctly.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Anyone know what the lowest temperature that it can be applied is?
I've been searching but still haven't found it. Temps are in the 30s and 40s here and I want to make sure to apply correctly.
IIRC it's 40's. You can apply it in direct sunlight so that'll warm up the surface too.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
When I was much younger, we were all after that "beading" that a good wax put on a car. Then as I got older, I realized those water spots left a residue if you didn't wipe them off. "Waxes" that promoted water "sheeting" became the real deal as there supposedly wasn't any spotting after a wash or rain. Looks to me like your water was "sheeted off" and left you with a clean shine.

But pictures can sometimes be deceiving. I hope you find your best solution soon!
I worked detailing vehicles for a national chain back in the 80's outside the Atlanta area then ended up running 3 of the stores for them before opening my own business in 1989 . We sold people on the water sheeting/shedding effect as well . The beads of water act like little sun magnifying glasses that end up leaving any hard chemicals in the water as rings that etch into your paint . It's not so bad when you wash your vehicle and immediately dry it off but you're not always there after a rain storm when the sun comes out . Alfa Romeo became in love with a proprietary product the owner had developed to bond with the paint and shed water and flew several of us to different dealerships across the country to apply it . Once quality clearcoat paints became the norm I stopped even waxing my personal vehicles regularly . I will polish it once right after I get it to remove any swirl marks and then again when I get ready to sell . They have always cleaned up exceptionally well . Repelling water is not all it's cracked up to be . Water floats away dirt and all the other bad stuff off of your paint . I'd much rather my paint shed the water away .
Sponsored