John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
When 303 (or any company for that matter) does their testing it's impossible to test every product out there. I'm guessing but it seems like it might just not be comparable with the Lucas wax.

I'd be interested to see what would happen if you stripped to old finish off, clayed and used the Graphene? I never clayed any vehicle before my Ranger but using the clay mitt is really easy and you'd be amazed how many contaminants are in the finish. Maybe if/when you have the time you could try it and if you were closer I'd help you do it. I love dealing so for me it's not work it's relaxing and kind of therapeutic.
I'm still skeptical. I'll meet you half way to AZ and you can demonstrate it on my truck when it gets here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm still skeptical. I'll meet you half way to AZ and you can demonstrate it on my truck when it gets here.
Deal! :like:

Any new news on your delivery?

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Deal! :like:

Any new news on your delivery?
No, still shows 11/4 so I'm assuming it's on the road somewhere. The dealer is 5 hours from MAP so I'm sure Ford will put it on a train to the coast, then sail it around through Panama, and then put it on a hauler back across the country. But at least they finally remembered to finish it. I wonder how many other trucks could've shipped by now.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
When 303 (or any company for that matter) does their testing it's impossible to test every product out there. I'm guessing but it seems like it might just not be comparable with the Lucas wax.

I'd be interested to see what would happen if you stripped to old finish off, clayed and used the Graphene? I never clayed any vehicle before my Ranger but using the clay mitt is really easy and you'd be amazed how many contaminants are in the finish. Maybe if/when you have the time you could try it and if you were closer I'd help you do it. I love dealing so for me it's not work it's relaxing and kind of therapeutic.
My thought - nonscientific - is that you are correct. Again thanks for the info and advice. AZ is a bit of a hike :). The tails I could tell you of my first job as a wash/wax boy for a used car lot in Daytona Beach in 1964 - the products in those days, not to mention the absence of clear coat, were really bad....I still have nightmares of waxing a 1960 Caddy.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My thought - nonscientific - is that you are correct. Again thanks for the info and advice. AZ is a bit of a hike :). The tails I could tell you of my first job as a wash/wax boy for a used car lot in Daytona Beach in 1964 - the products in those days, not to mention the absence of clear coat, were really bad....I still have nightmares of waxing a 1960 Caddy.
Just a little before my time, I was born in '64. ? But I do remember all to well the old paste waxes and how hard they were to buff out. I swear there were times I sprained my wrist from detailing my cars. lol

I was real reluctant to try spray on waxes when they first came out. Like most things they've come a long way and have great protection and would never want to go back to those old waxes. The gloss enhancer and speed detailers are great for giving your vehicle that extra pop after washing it or in between washes.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Thanks for the insights. You never know. I get plenty of shine with the at least 6 different products that I have tried - the slickest surface (least surface resistance when hand buffed) I got was/is from Shine Armor Quick Coat. I'm pretty lazy, never used a clay bar in my many years even when I had a black car :) and have to many mods ahead of spending the money for a professional ceramic treatment.
As Dave mentioned, with a clay mitt or a speed synthetic clay bar you can get it done in 20-30 minutes or less. The tech has really evolved. I also second the shine on the Shine Armor Quick Coat, I like Shine Armor products myself too. But I find myself going back to 303 graphene for it's ease and happy with it's results. I even bought the new Shine Armor Graphene Ceramic Mix, I liked it a lot but again, I like the no cure time of 303 graphene. I do not have garage access that often nor does the truck fit all the way in so I rarely like to do the Shine Armor Graphene Ceramic since it takes 6-12 hours to cure I believe. Something wildly different from no cure time. Although, the graphene ceramic mix shines up like no other. Just not worth the time.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I didn't realize there was a whole thread on this. I used it on both our vehicles about a month ago and couldn't be happier with the outcome. If it holds up for a year as advertised, I'll be thrilled!
I would say like 3-4 months realistically, well I use my truck daily so that may be why. Doesn't hurt to give the baby a little love and care every few months :)

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I would say like 3-4 months realistically, well I use my truck daily so that may be why. Doesn't hurt to give the baby a little love and care every few months :)
Just be careful adding to much as that's not good either, it can turn hazy with to much build up. Unlike the old paste waxes that didn't last long these new ones do. When I talked to the chemist at 303 he said that you can layer up to 3 coats and mire you're just wasting product and your time. You're better off using the gloss enhancer as you won't have the build up like wax leaves. It usually last about 2 weeks and you can do it as often as you want without it getting hazy. :)

I did 2 coats last November and it's helped up very well considering our heat here. Every other product I've tried (non ceramic) would last 6 months at best. This November I'll strip it off, clay it and add another 2 coats.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Just be careful adding to much as that's not good either, it can turn hazy with to much build up. Unlike the old paste waxes that didn't last long these new ones do. When I talked to the chemist at 303 he said that you can layer up to 3 coats and mire you're just wasting product and your time. You're better off using the gloss enhancer as you won't have the build up like wax leaves. It usually last about 2 weeks and you can do it as often as you want without it getting hazy. :)

I did 2 coats last November and it's helped up very well considering our heat here. Every other product I've tried (non ceramic) would last 6 months at best. This November I'll strip it off, clay it and add another 2 coats.
No wonder sometimes I have to put in a bit more arm and elbow work :p I only do clay bar maybe every few months so between my washes I am putting on 303 graphene at least once a month. I know I over do things :crackup: :turkey: Good to know though, I have been switching to wash and GE only just because school has been kicking my butt lately.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
No wonder sometimes I have to put in a bit more arm and elbow work :p I only do clay bar maybe every few months so between my washes I am putting on 303 graphene at least once a month. I know I over do things :crackup: :turkey: Good to know though, I have been switching to wash and GE only just because school has been kicking my butt lately.
Wholly smokes you're not going to have any clear coat left if you're claying every couple months. lol Honestly once or twice a year should be good enough but yours is outside all the time so maybe hit it in-between if it feels rough.

That's right you did like 3/4 of your truck the first time and almost broke your arm trying to remove it didn't you? :giggle:?

Remember a little goes a long way. ?

https://detaildiy.com/how-often-to-clay-bar-a-car/

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Wholly smokes you're not going to have any clear coat left if you're claying every couple months. lol Honestly once or twice a year should be good enough but yours is outside all the time so maybe hit it in-between if it feels rough.

That's right you did like 3/4 of your truck the first time and almost broke your arm trying to remove it didn't you? :giggle:?

Remember a little goes a long way. ?

https://detaildiy.com/how-often-to-clay-bar-a-car/
Hahaha, yes I did sort of lay a good bit at one time :p

Yeah, I will definitely clay bar less now with your insight. Thank you Dave. The lovely truck got me spending too much time on it :p

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hahaha, yes I did sort of lay a good bit at one time :p

Yeah, I will definitely clay bar less now with your insight. Thank you Dave. The lovely truck got me spending too much time on it :p
It really won't hurt it if you're doing it right with a lot of lube. I would just do the baggie test ever 2-3 months and see how it feels and if there's a lot of grit in certain areas maybe just redo those. But yeah, I would lay off hitting it with Graphene every couple weeks. :p

Also that gloss enhancer you mix 4/1 so it'll make a gallon all together. I'm guess by December you're going to need another bottle? o_O?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
It really won't hurt it if you're doing it right with a lot of lube. I would just do the baggie test ever 2-3 months and see how it feels and if there's a lot of grit in certain areas maybe just redo those. But yeah, I would lay off hitting it with Graphene every couple weeks. :p

Also that gloss enhancer you mix 4/1 so it'll make a gallon all together. I'm guess by December you're going to need another bottle? o_O?
Oh shoot. You are illuminating my chemical world Dave. I have been spraying that GE straight on. :eek: Oops.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh shoot. You are illuminating my chemical world Dave. I have been spraying that GE straight on. :eek: Oops.
So that's what that bright beaming light is I see every night. :cool::shock:

Bright Light.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: