Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
And I don't want any "poke", we got some tight tunnels and trails out here. Appreciate the feedback.
That’s what we’re here for. Those 0 offset wheels will push those 285s 2-3/4” further than stock - lots of poke. My 275s with my +15mm offset would stick way out but I have pocket flares and things are just fine. Keep your offset high if you can. Those 265s should be just fine, even on your stock wheels.

Have a look at the Showcase section. You’ll see a lot of lifted and levelled trucks with 265s. You’ll also see some with 32” and 33” tires - you’ll also be able to see by their mods if they have after market crash bars - a good sign that they had rubbing issues.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
That’s what we’re here for. Those 0 offset wheels will push those 285s 2-3/4” further than stock - lots of poke. My 275s with my +15mm offset would stick way out but I have pocket flares and things are just fine. Keep your offset high if you can. Those 265s should be just fine, even on your stock wheels.

Have a look at the Showcase section. You’ll see a lot of lifted and levelled trucks with 265s. You’ll also see some with 32” and 33” tires - you’ll also be able to see by their mods if they have after market crash bars - a good sign that they had rubbing issues.
If I get these then 285's would be no problem?

Screenshot_20210223-173928.png

Wells1123

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I have the exact same lift but my 285/70/17 BF Goodrich KO2 are on the factory rims with 1.5 inch spacers. I did swap out the intrusion bars but did not have too.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
If I get these then 285's would be no problem?
Ah, nothing’s a guarantee but those would likely be necessary. You might not rub on the street but at full lock and full compression while off-roading, or if braking hard into a corner, you’ll have the extra room those bars provide.

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
I'm running 285/65/18's with +30mm offset and a 3" spacer/leveling kit. I had to swap out intrusion beams due to a full lock rub. I only had to do the fronts. +30 wheels clear the knuckles with 1" of space and set my wheels right at the fender lip. However I did add mud guards due to the trash being thrown down the sides from to the way the body panels roll inward.

Last edited:

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
I'm running 285/65/18's with +30mm offset and a 3" spacer/leveling kit. I had to swap out intrusion beams due to a full lock rub. I only had to do the fronts. +30 wheels clear the knuckles with 1" of space and set my wheels right at the fender lip. However I did add mud guards due to the trash being thrown down the sides from to the way the body panels roll inward.
What about wheelin'? Have you taken off road with them? (Is the travel in the suspension causing any rubbing)

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
What about wheelin'? Have you taken off road with them? (Is the travel in the suspension causing any rubbing)
yes, but not any off-roading that is too extreme.
I have no rubbing at full articulation, and none at full compression. I clear my rear intrusion beams by 1/4” fully compressed

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
yes, but not any off-roading that is too extreme.
I have no rubbing at full articulation, and none at full compression. I clear my rear intrusion beams by 1/4” fully compressed
Cool, you really helped me in making my decision. Thx

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Screenshot_20210223-173928.png

thinking if going with these. But save the rears. Can't buy them seperately. I see everyone cutting there's out. I don't think that's a good idea, they're there for a reason. Don't need my front wheel coming thru the firewall and sitting in my lap if someone veers over the middle line.
Sponsored