DukeCanBuildit
Well-Known Member
- Thread starter
- #1
?
Sponsored
Last edited:
I've seen this kind of device used...can't remember where I saw it on Youtube...I stumbled on an ad for this, or more likely, it found me through all my Googling.
View attachment 160121
I thought it was an interesting idea and wondered if anyone here had any experience using one and what their thoughts were? I wouldn’t want to rely on it completely and run into a dead battery situation, but it might be handy to have one around. I carry a torque wrench in my truck but not everyone does. Plus, I like gadgets. ?
Good idea or Paperweight?
I have this exact one. Picked it up at Harbor Freight. Fairly inexpensive and gets pretty decent reviews. Seems to be pretty accurate against my standard torque wrench. Use it primarily for lug nuts.I stumbled on an ad for this, or more likely, it found me through all my Googling.
View attachment 160121
I thought it was an interesting idea and wondered if anyone here had any experience using one and what their thoughts were? I wouldn’t want to rely on it completely and run into a dead battery situation, but it might be handy to have one around. I carry a torque wrench in my truck but not everyone does. Plus, I like gadgets. ?
Good idea or Paperweight?
You are the man, and I bow down to you.I have this one at my disposal. I didnt have to foot the bill though, the company did.
Thankfully I am man enough, sans damper, to actually use it to its max value without hurting myself.
![]()
I use digital torque wrenches often. All calibrated for my work.
would be interesting to know how accurate this would be, and if it can be calibrated successfully.
I can see some instances in my work where this could be handy.
Sounds like something to take PRIDE in?I have this one at my disposal. I didnt have to foot the bill though, the company did.
Thankfully I am man enough, sans damper, to actually use it to its max value without hurting myself.
![]()