First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
And again they sacrifice arm rest for another knob.

And "Base price: $30000" is the funniest thing I read!
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
good grief its ugly... i hope the usa version looks different. Im not gonna drive that. that ugly nissian frontier just gave me beer goggles and is looking better. why do newer cars and trucks all have to look like cookie cutter copies with different badging. the 6g ranger needs a testosterone injection. it does look like the maverick. the maverick screams i would love to pick out shoes and a bed set with you. the 5 g at least looks like a truck, despite its barbie car bed size. the manufactures make awesome concepts and get us all excited then they build tupperware. examples like the mach E come to mind. dont care how fast it is. all its missing is the sliding door on the side and it will be a mini van. another is the jeep "gladiator"
1654618165741.png
the concepts were sex on wheels. the production model is about as exciting as filing out tax forms for the irs. I know some may say average buyers will not buy stuff like that, they want civil basic cars full of nannys and gadgets. m kay maybe. but how many raptors, trx, hell cats and other outlandish models do we see that are selling fine.

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans

Attachments

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Too early to tell what we'll get here in terms of creature comforts and deletes. ROW is never the same as NA. Count on the body and grill being close since we've seen photos of the NA preproduction test mules but anything else ROW gets/doesn't get can easily still be deleted/added for us. I'm glad I have a 5G and won't be looking at Ranger again until 7G, if they're still making it. 6G is too far and heavy for the a midsize. I think Ford is quickly walking themselves into making the NA Ranger redundant and dropping it again. I think most people will opt for Maverick or F150 now that the Ranger went on a fastfood diet.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Oh no, AL @Texasota there's going to be no escaping it on the next gen! :eek: I will make sure to have someone within the factory weld yours on so there's no way you can remove it.?
ROW version. Sure hope it is not on the north American version, but if it is Duke (@DukeCanBuildit) will help me remove it.

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
..... I'm glad I have a 5G and won't be looking at Ranger again until 7G, if they're still making it. 6G is too far and heavy for the a midsize. I think Ford is quickly walking themselves into making the NA Ranger redundant and dropping it again.....
I originally settled on Ranger because I needed the tow capacity. I was replacing a Transit Connect (which we loved) that maxxed out at 2000 lbs. What sold me in the end was that the measurement from tip to tip on the side view mirrors for both vehicles was the same. I could have parked an F150 in my narrow Brooklyn driveway, but I would never have been able to bring out the trash cans on garbage day. I can with the 5G Ranger. The 6G seems questionable.

I wish I could tell you that I went looking for a super capable, off road readyish vehicle that was way cooler than me, but that wouldn't be true. I really just needed to be able to take out the trash.

All the rest was a bonus. ...then I spent ALOT more money on....

MORE BONUS ?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
ROW version. Sure hope it is not on the north American version, but if it is Duke (@DukeCanBuildit) will help me remove it.
I’m already developing a quick removal kit to mail to all new owners with the help of a GoFundMe page.

Sped68

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Is there any word yet on if this will get the AWD optional transfer case like in the Bronco? This option alone would have me strongly considering buying one.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I originally settled on Ranger because I needed the tow capacity. I was replacing a Transit Connect (which we loved) that maxxed out at 2000 lbs. What sold me in the end was that the measurement from tip to tip on the side view mirrors for both vehicles was the same. I could have parked an F150 in my narrow Brooklyn driveway, but I would never have been able to bring out the trash cans on garbage day. I can with the 5G Ranger. The 6G seems questionable.

I wish I could tell you that I went looking for a super capable, off road readyish vehicle that was way cooler than me, but that wouldn't be true. I really just needed to be able to take out the trash.

All the rest was a bonus. ...then I spent ALOT more money on....

MORE BONUS ?
I agree with your "trash talk" above. I would love an F150 but had one on a loaner for a week and it took up so much space in my garage that we could not get from one side of the garage to the other without going outside. With the trash cans and some assorted junk, the whole garage was immobilized. The Ranger fits, leaves us a couple of feet front or back to move around, and I can still get the trash in and out with no problem. That being said, I would not mind if the Ranger gets a little wider or longer, as long as it stays well south of the current 150s (which will, of course, get larger and longer with time).

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic

Deleted member 1634

And again they sacrifice arm rest for another knob.
This just goes to show how hard it is to please everyone. Within a single page of this thread there have been complaints that there are not enough buttons (having to use the screen for things) and complaints that there are too many buttons (taking up space for other things like armrests).

Just something to keep in mind to everyone complaining and saying "why would Ford ever do something like that". It's probably because there are quite a few people out there who are going to like it that way, no matter which route they go.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
This just goes to show how hard it is to please everyone. Within a single page of this thread there have been complaints that there are not enough buttons (having to use the screen for things) and complaints that there are too many buttons (taking up space for other things like armrests).

Just something to keep in mind to everyone complaining and saying "why would Ford ever do something like that". It's probably because there are quite a few people out there who are going to like it that way, no matter which route they go.
I agree, can't please everyone all the time, especially old farts like me.
I'd consider trading my 2021 for the new model, IF the 2.7L V6 is available in the US.