CEO of DeeZee

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
As the article says, it looks exactly like the Maverick, which in turn, looks like every other truck. The 5Gs are much more distinctive in my humble opinion. More tech and stuff, fine, but I have more than enough tech in my very basic version. Don't want to drive a computer on wheels eh.

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
The added tech for me needs to be seamless, there is no excuse in 2022 for systems in vehicles to be laggy. If you've gotta navigate through screens to get to a feature you want to turn on, nothing makes it worse than having to wait for the system to catch up. Speaking of, burying off-road features in the infotainment is a properly stupid idea. What was wrong with a dedicated button for the diff lock?

raytwntrvlr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
retired
To me, that rectangular LED outlining the headlights is very 2021-ish. Not a good look.
I wonder if an integrated trailer brake controller will be offered.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
My interest was drawn to the extra weight the newer model will be toting around. Compare to my 2019, we're talking nearly 600 pounds more. Ugh!

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
My interest was drawn to the extra weight the newer model will be toting around. Compare to my 2019, we're talking nearly 600 pounds more. Ugh!
Good catch. I am surprised it was so much. Generally as I have stated before give me G5 exterior with 6G Interior. Much more modern interior.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Oh no, AL @Texasota there's going to be no escaping it on the next gen! :eek: I will make sure to have someone within the factory weld yours on so there's no way you can remove it.?
I'm not worried, I'm no fan of it. But don't worry Dave, you still get your kickback. within 6 months Ford will start removing a few thing, 1 month at a time. ?

NoTacos

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RangerXLT CrewCab 4x4
Ummm. Maybe just me. But it looks like its wearing a retainer for trucks. I would even say the new Tundra front end looks better. And I don’t think too highly of that one either.
So. Yeah. Not for me until it gets a face lift.

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
That is a good chunk of weight.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
More length is not attractive to me, more width is not attractive either. (For me) More weight is certainly not attractive and burying functionality in menus seems flat out counterintuitive. That said, reviewing the drivability of a vehicle that will never make it across our borders in its current form seems kinda.... not sure what word to use here.... premature? Well, you guys know what I mean.
All I really get from this is a greater comfort in the ultimate resale value of my '21 Lariat.

....just sayin'
Sponsored