First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Of course all the speculating going on here is just that. We will be getting just a bit different version just like our current model is different. The powertrain options, are of course, influenced by the gubment. Personally I will be waiting until our version is shown before judging the 6G. Time is ticking.........

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
For those who may not watch all the above videos:
Some things that stood out to me (which I think haven't yet been mentioned in this post)

1) integrated brake controller (sigh...should have been in 5g)
2) door release is built into the door handle
3) there might be a trailer parking system built in to the 4wd mode shifter
4) 30 deg approach angle (due to the front wheels shifting fwd 50 mm)
5) front camera has a washer

At the very least, these are nice :)

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
It's not bad, but I don't see anything at this point to make me run to the dealer and trade my 21 for it.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I will need to see our version of it, but it looks pretty good to me. Iā€™m not about to get rid of my current Ranger though. I love the way it looks and, to me, itā€™s irreplaceable (so I hope it lasts a long, long time :turkey: ).

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I like how it looks but it does seem like just another smaller version of the full-size offering in the same way early Rangers looked a lot like their big brother. I get that manufacturers like to creat ā€œfamiliesā€œ of products with certain similar features and this is not unexpected or necessarily the wrong approach when developing a full line of trucks. There are some real benefits to being easily compared to the number one selling truck.

That said, our 5g Rangers really donā€™t share very much, stylistically, with the F-150 and that makes me appreciate my 5g even more. It stands on its own - itā€™s distinct - not just a smaller version of the full size Ford. I wouldnā€™t be unhappy with a 6g but Iā€™m sure glad I have this 5g.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
My design friend on the inside told me last year, "good thing you bought the 5G"...yep, she said...great interior features but exterior? It's kinda sux...

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
I like how it looks but it does seem like just another smaller version of the full-size offering in the same way early Rangers looked a lot like their big brother. I get that manufacturers like to creat ā€œfamiliesā€œ of products with certain similar features and this is not unexpected or necessarily the wrong approach when developing a full line of trucks. There are some real benefits to being easily compared to the number one selling truck.

That said, our 5g Rangers really donā€™t share very much, stylistically, with the F-150 and that makes me appreciate my 5g even more. It stands on its own - itā€™s distinct - not just a smaller version of the full size Ford. I wouldnā€™t be unhappy with a 6g but Iā€™m sure glad I have this 5g.
Iā€™ve always felt like the current 5th gen Ranger is closer in design spirit with the 10th gen ā€˜97-ā€˜04 F-150 then any other Ford truck. It embraces the curves and in a world of huge grille boxy trucks Iā€™m ok with that.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Not a fan of the front. I like the side steps. I like the power in the bed.
Only a PHEV would get me to go check out a 6G.
These videos make me sad, OH! check the wheels, check the screen, all seems
superficial, I like to see them talk about the technical stuff.
I like the 5G rounded front.
A SCAB PHEV, please.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody besides me notice the Drive modes knob has a new position?
2H, 4H, 4L, and ... {4A}. What witchery is this? Legit All Wheel Drive? What changes are made to enable this? Different Transfer Case? Limited Slip Diffs? Or more electronic magic from the ABS hardware?

Activate with Forscan? LOL.