2023 Ranger 6G globally revealed!

LuckyMonkey7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Lightning
If I can wait until the US release, this will be my next truck.
Interior is so much better imo. The current ranger's interior is not fitting of a 40k truck (Lariat).
Rear vents is a great addition as well.
Hoping the US version gets a plug in hybrid with the 2.0 ecoboost.

Hoping it can fit sheets of wood in between the wheel wells in the bed. The press release says "euro pallet" which is ~47" wide.
Sponsored

Alpinist

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Looks nice. Probably not enough of a jump to make me trade in my 19', but if they offer a 2.7T manual with ProPower Onboard & a sunroof, then I'll ditch the 5G in a heartbeat.

XLT and me

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 xlt ranger 62 galaxie
Occupation
Truck driver
Styling is horrible. I hate the front end and headlights on the f150 and this is more of the same. Looks like the new Frontier and an F150 had a love child. No 6ft bed option is also a no go for me. Probably going back to full size trucks as the current Ranger is just a little too small with the short bed for my activities. I think Ford is making a mistake styling wise trying to have 3 different size trucks look the same. Witness the confusion people have over the bronco and bronco sport. Ugh.

XLT and me

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 xlt ranger 62 galaxie
Occupation
Truck driver
I was really hoping they would go to a column shift or knob and get rid of center console for more room and use a 60/40 front bench with fold down console/arm rest. 6 ft bed option with crewcab, actual knobs for climate control, fold flat 60/40 rear seats would have been great.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Glad I bought the 2021, this looks like a mashup of all of the other square shouldered trucks, or like someone mentioned a lifted Maverick :) I will pass, especially seeing as it takes a lot of work to get a vehicle tow ready.

Last edited:

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
The growth in size might be appreciated by some, but if it keeps growing what is the point? An almost F150 sized vehicle with less capability? That won’t sell. I’m afraid one of the current Ranger’s strengths which is it’s trim size will get lost over time. Also almost all controls on the touchscreen? All I wanted was better buttons to go along with a normal sized screen. I’m sure a lot of people will love it, but I am questioning some of the design choices here for a truck.

wetidlerjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman
They present this as if no one in North America had a hand in it which is probably true. I guess more Rangers are sold in Australia than NA. :rolleyes:
Past practice would indicate NA will get a new Ranger in 2027 (maybe 2030) anyway so I see no reason to get excited.:cool:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Well I hope a lot of you guys are happy. Looks like you get a bigger more expensive Ranger that looks like a baby F150. The quest for more horsepower yet to determined. Looks like my 2019 will be my last Ranger. I don't want a bigger Ranger that gets worse gas mileage, doesn't fit in my garage, and costs 50K. If I wanted a truck that I could put a 4x8 sheet of plywood between the wheel wells once a year maybe. I'd buy a F150. If I wanted to pull a 30+ foot travel trailer that ways 8000 pounds, I'd buy a F150. If I really needed a crew cab long bed, I'd buy a F150. As for the bigger engine, the 2.3 makes more horsepower than the 340 V8 I had in my '70 Cuda, in stock forum.

Bigger is not always better, just different and more expensive. Don't through the "buy a Maverick" at me either. The one requirement I do have is being able to pull my travel trailer, which the Maverick is not capable of. My 2019 is just perfect the way it is. It's comfortable for me and the wife, pulls my TT great, has great power and pickup, easy to park, fits in my garage, gets good mileage around town, and looks sharp. All I really need.

End of Rant!

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
They
They present this as if no one in North America had a hand in it which is probably true. I guess more Rangers are sold in Australia than NA. :rolleyes:
Past practice would indicate NA will get a new Ranger in 2027 (maybe 2030) anyway so I see no reason to get excited.:cool:
Their Australian team polled 5000 Australian owners and made those changes. That's being said, I'm sure Ford has marketing and research people who quietly watch social media and this forum and have a lot of data about what the NA market would like. Now as to whether they do anything with that data...

codestp202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I think it looks pretty good. I bought my 2020 with the intention of it being my last ICE truck. Put in a reservation for the Lightning, so I'm going to hold out for that until like 2023. I've been filling up my Ranger a lot lately and could really use a full size truck. The Frunk on the lightning is one of the biggest selling points.

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
If you watched the reveal video, the end shows a raptor starting up but hidden in the darkness. It says coming soon.
I did watch it, but I guess I was looking the other way (being a stupid 360' video). I did see some tag with SOON in the end but figured it was for the Ranger and paid no attention for it. Good to know that the Raptor is coming (hopefully with bigger shocks for Ranger level payload).

Aha..

was ford.to/SOON which redirects to here..

9443f4851e5e2d09f61ed62287e42269 (ford.com.au)

Last edited:

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
It still has rear leaf springs instead of coils. Wonder if they got rid of the driveline take-off shudder?

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Once again the XLS/STX SuperCab looks like the best offering and certainly the best looking of the bunch The headlights look like the real thing!
The good news is that for my needs there are no real improvements (except maybe that step)
My '19 still looks better and has all the features needed to keep it.(no trades for me) :clap:
Sponsored