2023 Ranger 6G globally revealed!

Bluestem

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
What's the deal with the integrated front bumper(with basically every truck, I guess). I absolutely love the fact that the current Ranger has an actual bumper. I was on the fence about getting something aftermarket but I don't want to mess up the look. I am of the opinion of OFC. This is yucky.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Hard to tell if i hate or like it, guess ill have to wait until i see it in person. The truck looks a bit too boxy but at least its not as tall and narrow, and I personally am not a fan of the maverick looking headlamps/front. The interior however looks like a 100% improvement as far as comfort features.

Flowgod

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL
What's the deal with the integrated front bumper(with basically every truck, I guess). I absolutely love the fact that the current Ranger has an actual bumper. I was on the fence about getting something aftermarket but I don't want to mess up the look. I am of the opinion of OFC. This is yucky.
Totally agree. I am not a huge fan of the integrated bumpers and I love our stockers.

Nopalito

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Cactus Grey XLT
Occupation
Emergency Manager
I’m just looking forward to seeing a US Spec XL or XLT with the smaller 10in screen. And I hope for the smaller screens the dive modes get their own buttons instead of being integrated into the infotainment system. I don’t care about digital dash or the massive 12in screen but I know people do really enjoy those things.
the looks are ok to me. I’m not a fan of the C shaped DRLs but I do love them on the F250 and the F150 so we’ll have to see it in person
I’d have to see some more real photos and not just press resleases and computer generated action-shots. I do have a feeling the US will get two engine choices and one being a hybrid. I have a feeling people would revolt if we still only got the 2.3L.

I’d also assume that Ford US would give us an actual Tremor/Wildtrak ala the F150 with at least front LSD.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
The US version will probably have a real bumper. Unfortunately, that gives ford a chance of it being even uglier based on their current design

Pinski66

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I don't hate the looks so far. It will be interesting see what engine, cab, and bed configurations we get in the USA. The size of the infotainment screen seems a bit much! I like the improvements to the bed.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, now it looks like an overgrown, lifted Maverick (which is not entirely a bad thing in my book). It will take a while to digest all of this. They say the suspension is improved, but what is really different about it? Also, when they say "global" Ranger, obviously they don't mean that we in the States are going to have the same options and trims that our friends in Australia do! So what will we get? And when?

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
1637768811454.png

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Oh cool now it looks like an F-150 / Nissan Frontier / Chevy Truck hybrid.

Completely blew it with the squared off fenders, hood, and front fascia IMO.

Now its homogenized like the rest of the market offerings.
This is where I'm at too. Very much dislike the looks, but appreciate the features they've added. Will be interesting to see what makes it to NA.

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
The bedstep is VERY nice...the larger screen is cool...but do the back passengers have AC vents yet - I couldn't tell?

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
The things that I'm appreciating are such minor changes that they don't really warrant a "full redesign" before release. They could be done as much smaller updates.

The appearance isn't quite as bad as I was expecting, but I still like the 5g appearance better. I don't like electronic parking brakes in other vehicles I've used, either. Not sure why they felt the need to call that one out in the reveal. Is it really something that people clamor over?

Looks like there are some improvements in bed organization. That's probably the biggest thing I appreciate. Adjustable tie-downs, slots, etc.

I'm also not sold on enormous touch screens, either. I like physical buttons/controls. The buttons in the current Ranger could be better, but I'm not convinced that what the 6g Ranger is offering is the sort of improvement I'm looking for.

Yeah, I won't be rushing to trade mine in.

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy