Sponsored

2023 Brake Rotor Advice….. Thanks!

Frenchy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Mar 15, 2020
Threads
169
Messages
7,699
Reaction score
10,977
Location
Elizabeth, Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier, 1994 F150 XL, 2022 Ford Transit
Occupation
Field Service Technician
Maybe put it in Sport Mode and downshift when going down long or steep hills. Yes can do in D but it takes more button pushes to downshift
You realize that is engine braking right?! Also I'm aware of the various ways to downshift the 10R80
Sponsored

 

seanellaz

Well-Known Member
First Name
Sean
Joined
Nov 14, 2020
Threads
3
Messages
320
Reaction score
430
Location
Tucson, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
1
You realize that is engine braking right?! Also I'm aware of the various ways to downshift the 10R80
Yes Frenchy, alas I have seen and smelled others' burning brakes going down long hills. Too many folks don't even know about using the drive train to take some load off their brakes.
 
OP
OP

RK Racing

Well-Known Member
First Name
Robert
Joined
Sep 20, 2022
Threads
32
Messages
385
Reaction score
745
Location
Hawthorne, Ca.
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Toolmaker
I traded in my '21 at 78k miles with original brakes. Probably could have exceeded 100k.
1) Besides church on Sunday did you drive it more days during the week? 2) Did you ever drive it above 25 miles an hour?………. :)
 

Dr. Zaius

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dennis
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
7,103
Reaction score
43,448
Location
Living The Dream
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
1) Besides church on Sunday did you drive it more days during the week? 2) Did you ever drive it above 25 miles an hour?………. :)
I've had my truck almost 7 years and it has a bit over 43k miles.

The lifetime average speed is 26mph 🤪
 

Grumpaw

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jul 1, 2021
Threads
84
Messages
6,042
Reaction score
30,165
Location
Fishersville, Va.
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2021 Ranger, Now 2019 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt., Grumpy Old Senior Citizen
I've had my truck almost 7 years and it has a bit over 43k miles.

The lifetime average speed is 26mph 🤪
So.....at 26 mph do you ever get to where your going and when/if you do get there are they still open for business ?????:crackup:
 


Dr. Zaius

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dennis
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
7,103
Reaction score
43,448
Location
Living The Dream
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
So.....at 26 mph do you ever get to where your going and when/if you do get there are they still open for business ?????:crackup:
Well, when I had the factory headlights, they sucked so bad I couldn't leave until daylight.

Now with decent headlights I can leave early and beat the rush!

And I don't have to be in a hurry to get there 😁

When 95+% of your driving is curvy GA 2 lane roads, you don't get a lot of opportunities for terminal velocity.

I will occasionally fill up with a couple of tanks of Premium and run the truck in Sport mode for a bit.

The tire chirping/traction control light at every gear change through 3rd is entertaining for a bit, then it works out of my system and I go back to the 87-89 tune, which is actually plenty.
 

got3fords

Well-Known Member
First Name
James
Joined
Apr 12, 2021
Threads
134
Messages
5,524
Reaction score
14,552
Location
22973
Vehicle(s)
2026 Marsh Gray Ranger Raptor, 1995 Harley XLH1200
Occupation
Mom Joke Professional
1) Besides church on Sunday did you drive it more days during the week? 2) Did you ever drive it above 25 miles an hour?………. :)
All speeds, every day commute. Did you do the math? 78k in 5 years of ownership. I drove it a lot, but I don't over use the brakes. I often follow people for miles and see them hitting the brakes a lot, while I just cruise along, staying right with them, never touching the brakes.
 

TxOTRRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Clay
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
1,692
Reaction score
8,045
Location
Elwood, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT supercrew SPORT 4X4
Occupation
Currently unemployed (beach bum)lol
Well, when I had the factory headlights, they sucked so bad I couldn't leave until daylight.

Now with decent headlights I can leave early and beat the rush!

And I don't have to be in a hurry to get there 😁

When 95+% of your driving is curvy GA 2 lane roads, you don't get a lot of opportunities for terminal velocity.

I will occasionally fill up with a couple of tanks of Premium and run the truck in Sport mode for a bit.

The tire chirping/traction control light at every gear change through 3rd is entertaining for a bit, then it works out of my system and I go back to the 87-89 tune, which is actually plenty.
That sounds exactly like the curvy, winding two lane Farm Market roads in Fannin County.
Sponsored

 
 








Top