Sponsored

2022 XL Stereo Upgrade?

SmithRiver

New Member
First Name
Brad
Joined
Oct 3, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
2
Reaction score
4
Location
49128
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL 4wd
Occupation
Retired
Hello everyone, This is my 1st post.
I have a 2022 Ranger XL with what I think is a standard stereo package which sounds fine to me but I wish it had a little more headroom so it would play louder.
I was told by a car stereo shop that because of how the electronics are integrated a simple replacement of the radio/stereo is not possible. He said an upgrade like I desire would be done by installing a $500 converter to increase power and upgrading some of the speakers to handle the extra power. Total cost about $1,400.
Is this a reasonable assessment? Are there other solutions?
Again, I don't want any booming bass box just increased clean volume.
Thanks for any advice on this.
Brad
Sponsored

 

fob63

Well-Known Member
First Name
bill
Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Threads
28
Messages
390
Reaction score
869
Location
Springdale Arkansas
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
retired
What you need is a T-harness adapter. It takes the signal from your unit, send to an amp and returns the signal amplified to your speakers through oe wiring. Works great I've had my 22 set up like this since 22.
Never know what you will find on this site!
Thanks, I was looking for a clean connection.
 


TheExtra404

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
157
Reaction score
510
Location
PNW
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Tremor || Cactus Grey ||
Occupation
I throw rocks for a living. ("");,,;("")

OCL

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2021
Threads
11
Messages
236
Reaction score
709
Location
Mission Viejo, California
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Have you considered taking the way less expensive route to achieving the same thing?
Like a big ass Party Box Speaker? Or even a modest sub-$200 high quality speaker? You'd be amazed how good they sound nowadays and how loud and low they can be for under $200. Bluetooth connected directly to your phone and many of them have RGB party lights on (you can turn them off also). If you've never heard one of these bad boys you owe it to yourself to do so. The medium ones can play loud and clear with thumping base that will rival an OEM sound system in our trucks. FYI they are wireless and will play up to 20 hours on a given charge. Then, when you reach the beach or your favorite campsite have a tailgate party by placing the same speaker outside. Party on. Please don't disturb the neighbors though. Strap one in the back seat or the middle seat. Who needs a $1500 in-car stereo that only plays in your truck?
 

seanellaz

Well-Known Member
First Name
Sean
Joined
Nov 14, 2020
Threads
3
Messages
321
Reaction score
432
Location
Tucson, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
1
Hello everyone, This is my 1st post.
I have a 2022 Ranger XL with what I think is a standard stereo package which sounds fine to me but I wish it had a little more headroom so it would play louder.
I was told by a car stereo shop that because of how the electronics are integrated a simple replacement of the radio/stereo is not possible. He said an upgrade like I desire would be done by installing a $500 converter to increase power and upgrading some of the speakers to handle the extra power. Total cost about $1,400.
Is this a reasonable assessment? Are there other solutions?
Again, I don't want any booming bass box just increased clean volume.
Thanks for any advice on this.
Brad
If you add a subwoofer with its own amp, you will free up enough power to fill the truck all the way up with clear sound I used the BOSS AR2000M MONO AMP and built my own sub. Together with stock system and speakers I can make my ears ring
 

Ranger Pete

Active Member
First Name
Peter
Joined
Apr 3, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
40
Reaction score
30
Location
Cape Coral FL
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4X2
Occupation
Retired
I used Crutchfield.com. Upgraded to Sony which is way louder and cleaner sounding than stock. No speaker upgrade needed. They supplied all cables and replacement panel. Includes clear installation instructions, they also have free (excellent) support for life.
Sponsored

 
 








Top